Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I had my 2nd stim scan yesterday & i have 1 follie at 21mm, rest are 16-17mm like they should be for that stage. This has never happened to me before  :'(
I have a risk now of ovulatuing naturally & loosing the lot  :'( 

My question is......whats the biggest follie you girls have had & still gone on to have a successful EC & not ovualted naturally??? 

xxx

G

·
Hi Vino - this is fine - do not worry! - you are well within the "good egg" parameters and I would expect your clinic to be triggering you right now or v soon?!! Follies can go right up to 30mm :eek: :eek: and not ovulate (plus ovulation really depends on the control of your LH ;) which the drugs will be handling ;)) Follies over 25mm may not give you the greatest eggs....so you are looking good IMHO!

xxx

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.
I have another stim scan tomorrow which will deter my trigger jab, which i think might be sat for EC on Mon???

I'm just so worried its making me feel sick  :(  xx

·
Premium Member
19,888 Posts
i had a follie at 28mm and didn;t ovulate

good luck

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hi Vino,

I had something like this with my cycle and it worked out really well in the end.  My consultant told me that the bigger follicles tend to grow slower than the smaller ones, something to do with having less receptors for FSH. 

My smaller follicles caught up, and the bigger ones only got slightly bigger so I went from having 4 follicles potentially to retrieving 12 eggs.  Keep everything crossed, eat bucket loads of protein and water and try not to worry to much.

Best wishes

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
I also had one at about 26mm & didn't ov - don't panic!!

Good luck - we'll all be rooting for you!

Jess xxx

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
i too had a big follie + all was ok no sign of OV  ;)

you'll be fine, it isnt unheard of + as you can see by these posts EC goes on as it should

lotsa luck to you  ^reiki^

xxx

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi Vino

I had a follicle that was 27mm on my last treatment and they got an egg from it and it fertilised successfully.

All the best

x x x x

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you soooo much for your words  :) I had my scan today & had to do a wee test & i haven't ovulated  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ec is on Mon & the trigger is tomorrow  :) yay!!!!!

xxx

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Great news.

^goodluck^ with your trigger.

x x x x

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
Good luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·