Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya don't know if anyone can help, or if the question has already been asked if it has then sos!! :). I was wondering what the highest dose of stimms you can have.....I am apoor responder to stimms due to raised FSH and last ICSI cycle they had me on 375vials of Merional as well as steriods anyone had higher dose than this just to give me an idea. Every cycle i've had my egg quantity has deteriated. Any replys much appreciated.  :)
Hayleigh xxxx

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
HI,

I was on Max dose of menopur & that was 450.. Think there is one clinic that goes higher but
thats it.

Katy. xxx

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya Katy, thanx very much for your reply hopefully they will take me up higher next time  :) :) xxxx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello,

I'm on 450 in total, 225 of merional and 225 of fostimon.  I had an abandoned cycle of ivf in March due to poor response (but was on a much lower dose then) - thought the same was gonna happen this time but looks like I might just make it to my first EC.

Suze xx

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
I've had 600 of Puregon(ARGC), and gonal F (Bridge)and Menopur - Bridge(different cycles) and 600 of Merional (ARGC). On one day I had 600 Puregon and 150 Merional  - I heard that 600 was the max but some clinics aborad would go higherGood luck I hve never proced more than 6 eggs ever adn 4 my lowest
L x

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hiya Suze, thanx for your reply its so nice to get advice  :)..........  ^goodluck^ with ur EC and hope you get lots of eggs!!!!!
Hayleigh xxxxx

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^hello^ L, Oh my god  :eek: thats high, thats made me feel so much better I didn't realise you could go so high......last cycle I only had 3 eggs and only 2 were suitable and my left ovarie decided not to respond at all so its reasuring to hear ur story xxxxxx

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Hi,

Think I had 600 Puregon with mine but only ever got 4 eggs.  Made me feel pretty rough too but still not as bad as the evil Clomid!!! ;D

Jess xxx

·
Registered
244 Posts
I'm on cycle 6 right now.  Cycles 2-5 on 450 Puregon or Menopur; Cycle 6 on 300 Puregon. Cycle 1 abroad: 600 Puregon plus some Repronex!  But my best success was Cycle 3...on 450.  My daughter, the One Egg Wonder!!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hiya Jess thanx very much for that, however next time they had said they might put me on clomid aswell? not looking forward to that heard horrible stories about clomid :( xx

Terry.....thanx for ur reply, hope ur 6th cycle is going well  :) and  ^goodluck^

Hayleigh xxxxxxx

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
I've only ever made 7, 5 (all immature),4 and 5 eggs despite the high doses
L x

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Don't worry!  Some people don't get ANY side effects from Clomid at all - I think I got 99% of them (didn't have the stroke!! ;D ;D ;D)

If you're only taking it for the cycle it's not too awful.  Have you tried DHEA (made me ill too!!!!)  it does work for some people as it's supposed to improve egg quality...it's cheap & you can get it on-line.

Good luck!
Jess xxx

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey Jess xx to be honest the side effects don'y bother me so much as long as they do the trick  :) no I haven't tried DHEA but I'll definately look into it thnx again hun xx
Hayleigh xxxxxxx

1 - 13 of 13 Posts