Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

what happens next if you are with a VA and have seen the CPR for the child and the child's sw has seen our Form F and is very interested?

Julia x

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hi Julia,
I think that in most cases a face to face meeting is arranged with your, your SW, the childs SW and often another SW (in our LA the child alos has another SW they call a family finder appointed) it would normally be after such a meeting that the decision is made and then paperwork is put together and you get your panel date. I have been following your journey so far and understand the FC issues but I would be asking your SW how long they anticipate waiting before such a meeting might happen.
Viva
X

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hi, next step for us was a home visit by child's sw, child's family finder and our sw.  At this meeting we all asked questions and we also watched a video and saw some photos of the child.  At the end I took the child's sw on a tour of the house (only the rooms where the child would be ie not our bedroom).  We were given overnight to make up our mind if we wanted to proceed (we did) and then we were notified 2 days later by the child's family finder that we had been successful - YIPPEE.  Then child's sw, child's family finder and our sw had an official matching meeting 10 days later and decided when the introductions will begin.  You are given the matching panel date a few days after matching meeting.  Your sw and the child's sw then prepare an adoption report on you to be given to panel to read before the panel date.  After panel date there is a 10 day delay before you are officially approved as a match (or not).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts