Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

I thought this would be rather a cute topic!!

Mine's called Krill. 

When we first got pregnant until the first (6 week) scan, DH called it prawn, but when we went for the scan, and they said how big it was, he said that was too small for a prawn, and the smallest sealife he could think of was a Krill (Whale food!!)

We're now quite attached to the name, and so it's stuck!

What's everyone elses called?

LOL Caroline xx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
LOL great topic. Ours has several names. We started off calling him/her Peanut because that's what he looked like at the first scan but this has since been changed to 'P' or Peeper (more recently Watermelon after the growth scans!). My family named him BL for Big Lump which then became Lumpy and that has stuck there, whilst my work have christened him Snowy which has also stuck. This came about as my brother and his wife who are also expecting, named their last child on the basis that the intials spelt a name (quite sad really!) so everyone was coming up with ideas for ours and we decided what the hell, why stop at three letters!!

Chux xx

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Cool topic!!

Although I no longer have a bump (just the jelly wobble bits now  ;D ) we named the bump "Barry", why................... I have no idea was just funny at the time and it stuck!!

Let's hear more!!!

Love

Shezza ^monkey^

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
16,348 Posts
beer belly

·
Registered
111 Posts
Great idea!!

Once we'd seen our little "petit pois" at the 6 weeks scan that name stuck for a while until I told DH he/she was more like the size of a bean so we then went to "Beanie" .

Since having our 15 week scan and noticing that bubs has grown loads since "Beanie" he/she is now known as "Pickle" for whatever reason!!!

Andrea xxx

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
I've been totally unimaginative and call mine Bubs.

When talking about it to my friend she said she called hers Charlie, but as it is the name of my ex husband i didn't want to change mine to charlie lol

Mish x

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
hi all when i was carrying mia my dp had loads of names for her first it was sweet pea then bunny bunch then bumpkin lol and the last one was dump were he got that one from i dont know but now it has become a habit now when were off down town dp will say WHAT YOU DOING TODAY DUMP people look and proberly think what a name for a baby  ;D
                            love baby wisper 

·
Registered
408 Posts
Mine is called little emi as during our treatments that is what we called our embryos and it has stuck

·
Registered
56 Posts
;D DH decided MINI-ME....and it has stuck! He even thinks that may be the eventual middle name! ::)
CPT x

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Interestingly my Mum and I were having a chat about names - she said " What about Flora?" I too thought instantly of the margerine!

MIne's only a mini-bump so far - it was called 'jellybean' for ages (which DH still calls it) I've taken to referring to it as 'Kevpol' which is me and DH seeing as it's a bit of both of us (also was our first joint email address years and years ago!)

Mind you - got to be careful as my Mum pointed out - her bump was called Polly - my name now! Grandparents claimed it was a nickname so my parents stuck two more on the front which no one ever calls me but it's on all my official docs (even though third name is the real one) It's been a nightmare all my life. So many obstacles...

Poll
^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
930 Posts
Mine is intermittently called Humperdink or Marina-Nina
No idea where Humperdink came from, Marina is because of my love of scuba diving and Nina coz my Mum liked it.
Bubs will actually be called neither on arrival  ;-)
DC

·
Registered
126 Posts
We are calling our bump Ping and Pong (twins!).  Feels like a table tennis game going on constantly, they go from one side to the other.  I think Ping (the girl) has come off better with the name than the boy, who is obviously called Pong!

Love Fone xx  ^daisy^

·
Registered
140 Posts
What a fun topic!!

Our little one is called Button!! - Two reasons for this, hubby once found out we were pregnant said ' we're gonna need to earn more buttons' and me well, can't remember the last time I was able to do a button up on my clothes! :) So it just kinda stuck.

Tink  ^fairydust^

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Really Boring i'm afraid  ::)

Bump is called Junior

xx

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi all

At first DH called ours blob - not very nice I know. Now we're using mini-maz, maz is after dh's nickname, and it's not just us everybody seems to use it!

xxflamencaxx  ^evil^ & mini-maz ^babycrawl^

·
Premium Member
1,335 Posts
Ours is Plinky.  I've absolutely no idea where it came from but it's stuck now and even our families call him that!  Bit worrying as we can't think of a boy's name we like so he may end up being Plinky for a while after he's born too!! 

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
We were totally unoriginal with DD, we called her 'Bump' and still do even though she is 5. I call her baby bump but as she reminds me, she's a big girl now!

This one is 'Dink' - DH's idea, DD loves it and has a lengthy chat with Dink every day.

On the subject of Clover, it's my step-mothers name. We crease up everytime the advert comes on tv....'oh we all love clover...
She's lovely by the way  ;D

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
What a fab topic!  ;D

When our two were replaced they were immediately christened "tootie and frutie" ... after the sweets.  (long standing Rainbow Crew tradition!)

Tootie stayed but Fruitie didn't make it.  Tootie's name (also known as Toots) stayed with me ... us sometimes ... throughout my pregnancy.

Until ... talking names and Dh being convinced Tootie was a boy decided that his name should be Ernie (he was winding me up big style!) ... or "Little Ern"!

Now if you knew our surname Ernie or Little Ern would make you "laugh/cringe" even more!!!!!!!

FREDDIE arrived but periodically he is still called "Toots" or "Tootie" by the good guys (girls mainly!) and I dread to think that forever more the "lads" will continue to call him "Little Ern"!

Love
Dee
xxx

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.