Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi girls,

As you can see from all my questions, I'm a bit of a fretful thing these days. It's my second cycle, but it still feels like I'm a newbie...the first one went so fast I was barely aware of it, but this ons is dragging a bit longer, so...

I was wondering if you know what the threshold size is for a follicle to be ready. Yesterday, the nurse said 16 mm, but today she said 17 mm.

Also, I have a few large ones that I am thinking - what if they get too big while I'm growing the others?
Yesterday, the nurse said for them 'too big' is when a follicle is in its late 20s. Today, she said when it's in its early 30s.

So...d'oh?  ::)
Why does the same person keep changing the numbers?
Just because they want to convince me that it's a good idea to stim for a few days longer, esp given that they cannot do EC on Sunday?!

Anyway, I know this is not a big deal, the important thing is I've got follicles, but it'd be good to get some clarity on this?

Thank you girls....
Giulia

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
hey pet

they are usually happy with follies that measure between 18 and 20 mm..

they wont usually go ahead with EC until they are that size although some clinics do vary

i am with the RFC and thats what they go by so its prob the same or ther abouts everywere else..

ul find ul have some swellin with treatment so dont worry lol

and dont be worryin cos they are gettin u to continue for few days..

just wanna make sure ur follies have plenty of wee eggs :)

good luck pet

Jen xx

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Hi gnorry - I am in for ec tomorrow. yesterday I had 3 follies suitable (and a few smaller ones which weren't) 2 at 21mm, 1 at 23mm, so hopefully mid 20s will be what they are looking for  ^pray^ ^pray^  xx

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OOh thank you Jen, I like the sound of that: ready at 18-20 mm, that's put my mind at rest :)
Congratulations on your BFP: yoohooo!!!

ekitten, hello again! That's good to hear too, mid 20s is what the big one will get to by Monday (they phoned me today to say that's when EC will be). Good luck with your EC tomorrow!!!

xxx

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
thanks pet..

im still in shock to be honest..good luck to u both with ur EC..
^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Jen xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts