Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we got BFN again after the 4th try. when can we try again? how many cycles we have to wait before trying?
please help?
hanadiz

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
hanadiz,
Really sorry to hear about your BFN. ^hugme^

Our clinic advises waiting 3 months between cycles.  You need time to recover emotionally as well as physically.  Don't make any decisions today - give yourself time to be sad first, don't rush into anything.

x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi again

I've replied to several of your posts discussing this same thing and mentioned this a few times before :) Most clinics will advise that you wait at least 3mths in between treatments to ensure that you recover emotionally and physically.

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=108893.msg1540170#msg1540170

I know that you've recently had 2 lots of ICSI in very quick succession (literally back to back) and both of those have not been long following a miscarriage....so personally I would advise having at least 3 months, if not longer, before you start down the IVF route again.

Also as I suggested on another post, perhaps it would be worth having some further investigations as you've had 1 miscarriage and 3 BFNs with 4 IVFs so maybe worth discussing having blood tests and possibly laparoscopy and/or hysteroscopy to check everything is ok inside.

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=141972.msg2179940#msg2179940

Take care
Natasha

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i did check everything is ok, the clinics that i used which are 2 different clinics, said everything is ok.
the reason we are doing ICSI is due to mild PCO and male factor severe viscosity they said its 4+ but the sperms are ok and I am fine in as internal organs and hormones. the thing is that the sperm viscosity make the sperms unable to swim at all.
so we know its not a major thing but i guess its not meant to be, not yet.
i will wait now to relax as i am going back home as i was trying abroad and thats why i did it back to back.
hanadiz

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
So have you actually had a laparoscopy and/or hysteroscopy....and have you had blood tests to check for immune/blood clotting disorders ?

Whilst your main issue may be because of male infertility problems and PCO/PCOS (?), it's always worth having further investigations if you've had several unsuccessful treatment cycles, especially as you had a miscarriage as well.

Obviously it's up to you whether you want to persue further investigations but I was only suggesting it to help you since you've had 4 treatment cycles and seem very keen to continue treatment asap.

N :)

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, i know u r trying to help. I am just so sad and angry. I have an oppointment with my doc tom and will ask things further.
really thank you.
I am just sad
hanadiz

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
I know hun, it's not easy is it ? ^hugme^  But do take a little break, I'm sure it will do you the world of good, not just physically but emotionally too.....enjoy the summer, pamper yourself, treat yourself and then when you're ready, start about another cycle.  To be honest, after so many treatments myself, I've felt recently that I've "lost" myself...and friends have even commented that I'm not "me" at the moment.....it's made me realise that my whole time is spent thinking about trying for a baby and I've isolated myself from many friends who do have babies.....so I've made a concerted effort following our last BFN, which hit us both really really hard, to have some fun, to just enjoy being me....and to remember why me and DP are together...because we love one another....and having a baby would be a fantastic bonus but above all, we have one another.....it's really helped and yes, we will go for more treatment towards the end of the year (although FET and not fresh IVF) but just need this little break.

Anyway, take care and hope your appt goes well.

Natasha

1 - 7 of 7 Posts