Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
with lots of people going early at the min i was wondering when you ladies gave birth????

hayley

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
almost 39 weeks.  had two sweeps which didnt work.  i was induced in the end.  i'm sure i would have gone at least another week.  my first baby was a week over.

·
Registered
7,335 Posts
hi  36+2  c section both were over 5lb  and safe and sound , good luck I would do it all again tomorrow

·
Registered
970 Posts
Hi,

I had them when I was 39 weeks on the dot. I had my waters broken the night before and gave birth in the early hours of the morning.

Good luck,

Liz
x

·
Registered
981 Posts
Hi

Amber and Ruby were born via emergency c section because of me having pre aclampsia at 35wks and if it was for the pre aclampsia I am sure I would have gone further

They were a very healthy 5lb3 and 5lb 13 and dint need any special care

God bless
Sarah

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hi,

I had mine at 34+1 with Hayden weighing 4lbs 8oz and Summer weighing 4lbs 2oz. They had been monitoring me for about 2 weeks before I had them as they were worried about Summers growth.

In the week leading up to the section my bp rocketed and I had protein in my urine and was also experiencing strong braxton hicks and mild contractions.

Then the morning of the c section I started going into labour so they were going to come soon anyway  :)

Good luck!

Surferchick xxx

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hi,

I had an elective c-section at 37 weeks.

Sharon xx

·
Premium Member
3,597 Posts
34 weeks. I had pre-eclampsia but the girls were fine. 4lbs 4 and 4lbs 9  :)

Rachel x

·
Registered
669 Posts
hiya, had elective c section at 38 +1, no signs of labour
lisa x

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hey

Our girls arrived at 30+5 after Lauren's waters broke at 30+2. Labour started naturally and had an emergency c-section.  Lauren weighed 2lb10oz and Olivia 3lb6oz - both spent 7wks in Special Care.  They are now a whopping 11lb12oz and 13lb9oz!  :eek:

Gilly x

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
My two were born at 36+3 by elective section, after José engaged breech, they were 6lbs 3oz and 5lbs 15oz - didn't require any scbu.  I was showing signs of early labour so I think they were on their way.  I was pretty fed up by then so didn't mind them coming early though another couple of weeks to cook them would have been good!
x

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
Mine were 31 weeks and 4 days - I'd been in hospital for a month before that with slow-building pre-eclampsia and they came by c-section weighing 2lb13 and 3lb9. Both stayed in SCBU for 6 weeks and are now quite chubby and healthy :)
Ky

·
Registered
609 Posts
hi

mine came at 38+3days. i was in hopsital for 3 days whilst they tried to induce me. i finally had my waters broken and after 20 hours they finally made an appearance. (by emergency c section) they were obviously far too comfy where they were!!!

they both weighed over 6lb and were v healthy!!!

good luck i really hope all goes well!!!! your bump looks great!

lizzy

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
My waters broke at 29 weeks 2 days and I was already 5-6cm dialated when they examined me 30 minutes later once I arrived at the hospital.  They managed to stop labour and gave me all the necesary steroid shots and antibiotics.  8 days later at 30 weeks 3 days, I was woken up by a huge contraction (the first I ever felt!) and I delivered naturally less than half an hour later!  There was 17 minutes in between them.  I too would do it all over again!

Myles was 2lb 12oz and Keilidh was 3lb 9oz.  It was Myles' waters that broke, hense the lower weight as he developed a minor infection.  Both did great and were in SCBU for 6 weeks.  They will be two next week!!

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
lots of early arrivals then :eek: so could be in less then 4months :eek:

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Everyone's different; try not to worry too much about it, as there's very little you can do about it!  Get your hospital bag packed early (not necessarily the baby stuff, but your own PJs, slippers, books etc) in case you have some false alarms, or are kept in for some reason.  Don't fret about getting stuff ready for the babies, as even if they're born early, they won't be home for a while :)

Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy, and try to get some rest!

xx Clare

·
Registered
4,128 Posts
Hiya,

Mine were born by emergency c-section (although I'd had a c-section planned for the following week as both were breech) at 37+5 weighing 5lb and 7lb11oz.

Agree with Clare re bags.  I kept an overnight bag packed for me from 24wks onwards "just in case" I needed an overnight stay or they did put in an early appearace.  And then later on packed a smaller bag for the babies, just a couple of everything to tide us over til I knew their weights, etc, and then I sent Andy home with a list to pick up everything else. 

If your babies need to go to scbu for any reason very often they don't have clothes on them initially but scbu always have a stash of clothes at the ready so no need to panic there either.

x

G

·
I was induced at 38 + 2 and they arrived 13 hours later in at 5.30am the next day.  I asked to be induced as I was getting very uncomfortable although they weren't in the least bit distressed! I'm sure that if I hadn't been induced, I could have made 39 weeks easily.

·
Registered
586 Posts
38 weeks on the day by planned c-section - there was absolutely no sign of them wanting to come out  ::)

I still wonder how long they would have stayed in for if we had let nature take its course  ;D

1 - 20 of 28 Posts