Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 39 weeks pregnant tomorrow and not had leakage or any sign of milk / colostrum at all - is this ok ?
^feedback^

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
I never had any with ds until minutes before going down for a section at 42+1 but BF him without any more than the usual problems.

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Hi Freespirit.  :)

I don't think everybody gets leakage, whether before or after birth.  I haven't had so much as a drop (despite some curious prodding and poking to see if anything's there!) and I'm just behind you.  My sis said she bought loads of breast pads and gave them all away cos she never leaked once with either pregnancies, not even during breastfeeding either.

I think it normally takes a couple of days after delivery for things to get properly up and running in the milk bar dept so I wouldn't worry at all about leakage (or lack of it should I say)... I guess we should just be thankful for the lack of wet patches!

Trip xx

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
My boobs didnt leak at all during pg. And then after only the oneleaked a bit. I had trouble breast feeding and always wondered if them not leaking at all was something to do with it but ill never know.

Good luck for the upcoming birth

Nikki xx

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
Hi there, many people dont get leakage at all and this doesnt necessarily mean a problem.
I had "leakage" from 17w but then no milk when I needed it! :(

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
i never leaked before birth with DD and BF for 6 weeks and was my choice to stop nothing to do with supply. I didn't leak much either while feeding.  this time I'm already have getting the odd drop and have been for a while

·
Premium Member
9,128 Posts
I leaked after I had a huge Cuddle with Chillidogs' baby at about 34 weeks. It was very strange! But I know most people don't have anything until after birth.

·
Premium Member
6,212 Posts
I leaked from 16 weeks pg but only at night, when i was in bed  ^idiot^
When Katie was born they didnt leak at all and my milk came in 10 days after birth for 1 day!!

Good luck hun with the pending birth  :)  ^hugme^

x x x

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
Mine leaked once or twice during preggy. I remember one time was when I was in work, wearing a grey top!!  :eek: :eek: Had to ask to nip home for 5mins and when asked why, I just showed my top!!  ;D ;D I know I finished work at 31wks so it must have been just before that.

Afterwards, I hated leaving the house cos all C would need to do was to make this strange gulping/clicking noise at the back of his throat and I would be soaking wet!! I soaked through about 5 pads, AT ONCE!! Yup, that was how many I had in each bra cup at one point!!  ;D ;D ;D

I would suggest you get LOTS of muslins to hand for when BFing as I used to soak C's head with milk from the (.) I wasn't feeding him from!!  ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
kitten1 said:
I would suggest you get LOTS of muslins to hand for when BFing as I used to soak C's head with milk from the (.) I wasn't feeding him from!! ;D ;D
I know it's no help to you now but may be useful to someone else - you can get shells to put on the side you aren't feeding from to catch any leaks then you can use this to top up.

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
Yeah, I found out about that after I had stopped!!  ;D ;D

I used to prop a bottle under the other (.) to catch the drips!!  ;D ;D

Oh how sexy I must have looked to DH then!! A baby on one side, a bottle the other!! ^roflmao^

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I didnt have any leakage until my LO was 3 days old.  My Dh auntie & uncle were visiting LO and auntie was looking at my (.)(.) and i thought whats she looking at looked down and t-shirt had wet patches  ^scared^  ;D

Sandra x

Sanjo xx

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
I had nothing until my milk came in (Christmas eve - what a pressie to wake up to  ^idiot^  ;D  ;D)  I only leaked first thing in the morning if I got up before A and would be waiting for him to wake up and feed from me...  I remember one morning thinking, ooh, he's asleep still so I'll jump in the shower quickly  ^idiot^  As fast as I was drying my body off my (o)(o) were dripping like taps  ^idiot^  ;D  ;D  it does settle down after the early days though...

Fluffs xxx

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
my boobs leaked at 24 weeks but I think it was becuase I had had a terrible weekend - very stressful and involved me having a fall and being admitted to be checked over - I think a hormonal surge started them off TBH, then they stopped elaking about a week later. Every now and then they decide to leak again so just in case I have to wear pads in my bra to mop up any leakage shuld it seep out. Mainly it is at night  ^idiot^

·
Registered
125 Posts
Is it true that when you're milk comes in that at night you can soak the bed with it?

One of my friends who has a little one was telling me that she had to put towels down, so that she didn't soak the mattess......  :-[

Weezy

·
Registered
876 Posts
i did not leak at all during first pg but 2nd time round i did quite a bit, i had to wear pads from about 30 wks but this time round i am not leaking at all again. I found with no. 2 it was mostly at night but i think its because of how i slept i squashed them a bit. 

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
In the early weeks of BF'ing I spent most the night feeding so didn't get chance to soak the bed! They did leak more in the early weeks though then everything settled down, I also got a more painful let down reflex in the early weeks and it could go for no reason whatsoever which was bizarre.

The worst time for leaking at night for me was when my LO's suddenly slept for longer and missed a feed or two - I'd also wake thinking I had rocks in my boobs!!

Chux xx

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I did not leak at all before the birth of my girls, but after well the first few weeks my god did I leak ;D I had actually forgotton about it until I saw this. waking up in the morning in a pool of milk in my hair and everything and by the way do not wear light grey tops to the supermarket and forget your breast pads ;D

Rachelxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 20 of 31 Posts