Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

had an appointment at the clinic on tues & was told the best option for me would be ivf with a GnRH antagonist, i was given 5 days Norethisterone 10mg to enduce a period & was told to phone the clinic when my period started.

I was wondering if any1 could tell me on what day of your cycle is the 14 day course of Norethisterone 10mg is initiated before injections start

Thanks

KT

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

I've moved your post to Peer Support board as I think you may get a better response there :)

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hi KT,

I'm a little confused as you say you were given 5 day's worth and then mention a 14 day course? Have you started taking them yet? 

I too was give Norethisterone at my last cycle to induce a bleed. You normally will start a period within a few days of stopping taking them.  In my case, this was to make sure I had a bleed prior to baseline scan etc and could start the cycle with a thin womb lining.  This in effect give you your "day 1" of cycle artificially and clinics normally do a baseline scan a few days later to check womb lining is thin and then you will be able to start stimming.

Hope this helps!

Amanda
x

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Amanda

Was given a 5 day course to enduce an ititial beed as i have pcos & have not had a period since i was on clomid early last year.  I know when my period starts that will count as day one but was wondering at which point in the cycle the 14 day course is initiated

Thanks
Kt

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hi KT,

14 day course of what?  Not more Norethisterone surely??

Amanda
x

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Amanda

Yeah more norethestirone, the way i understood it was that if you had a natural cycle you phoned the clinic on day 1 & they made an appointment for you to come & get your 14 day course of norethestirone but as i don't have a natural cycle they have given me a short course of norethestirone to enduce a bleed

up until last week i thought i would be down regulated so i had looked that up but when i went back 2 the clinic they said the GnRH antagonist option would be better so as not to over hyperstimulate me & i so im just trying to understand the ins & outs of it

Kt

·
Registered
697 Posts
Hi KT,

Sorry then but I don't know.  Norethisterone is normally given to produce a bleed.  No idea why you would need 2 courses of it??  Best check with the clinic?

Sorry I can't be more help.

Amanda
x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts