Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter

I was wondering; today we had out EC. Out of five follicles we only got one egg. My doctor at the clinic said that these things could happened and because the egg didn't grow this time that's not necessary mean that the egg wont grow next time.
The more I think about it the more the question WHY did it happened, comes to my mind. My doctor gave me his beeper number in case we needed to contact him, but I don't feel like beeping him and ask why on a Friday night. So instead I bother you with this question :(

Secondly if our egg fertilise what quality do you think is necessary to achieve before it is worth going ahead with ET?
There are two sides of this. First of all I don't want to go through the whole 2ww-process if the egg is chanceless from the beginning. The other side is financially, we have a three package deal with the clinic and if they can't transfer a healthy embie it is not counted as a try. So I guess what I like to know is what is a healthy embie?

Tanks for your help.

Lind

·
Registered
856 Posts
Please see my comments in your text:

Lind said:
Hi Peter

I was wondering; today we had out EC. Out of five follicles we only got one egg. My doctor at the clinic said that these things could happened and because the egg didn't grow this time that's not necessary mean that the egg wont grow next time.

That's absolutely correct.

The more I think about it the more the question WHY did it happened, comes to my mind.

It is most likely that your stimulation programme did not suit you. It will be a good idea to try different drugs and doses next time.

My doctor gave me his beeper number in case we needed to contact him, but I don't feel like beeping him and ask why on a Friday night. So instead I bother you with this question

That's what they are there for!!

:(

Secondly if our egg fertilise what quality do you think is necessary to achieve before it is worth going ahead with ET?

Only the embryologist dealing with the embryo can decide this, there are too many variables involved.

There are two sides of this. First of all I don't want to go through the whole 2ww-process if the egg is chanceless from the beginning.

There is always hope, I have seen pregnancies from very poor embryos.

The other side is financially, we have a three package deal with the clinic and if they can't transfer a healthy embie it is not counted as a try.

Unusual! Try not to let this cloud your judgement.

So I guess what I like to know is what is a healthy embie?

Ideally 4-8 cells on day 2 with no fragmentation and even cell division.

Hope this helps and good luck!!

Peter

Tanks for your help.

Lind

1 - 2 of 2 Posts