Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

When is Day 1??

374 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Button76 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone

I am just downregging about to start my first attempt at IVF.

This is probably a bit of a stupid question but anyway...

I have started spotting but not enough yet to count as DAY 1.  At what point in the day would you actually use tomorrow as day 1.  Eg if it started getting heavy at about 4pm would you still use today as day 1 or tomorrow.

Sorry too much time on my hands to think!  ^idiot^

Button xx

#2 ·
hi ur not the only one who worries about wot can be counted as day 1.

I remember when i had to do some blood tests and had to be done between day 1-5 and i had bit spotting and the odd browny stuff (sorry tmi) and wasn't sure if it would be counted as day 1 so i asked my nurse and she said it is counted as day 1.

Also when i needed my AF to arrive before starting d/r it would show at 1st but started spotting at 2pm in the afternoon and agian was told that it was day 1.

So if u've got spotting i would class it as day 1 but if not sure ring ur clinic. But im sure they will say its day 1, good luck

Louise xx

#3 ·
I think i was told full flow before 3pm, but that is such a vague memory and clinics seem to vary so it might be worth giving yours a ring to check their criteria.

#4 ·
Hi Button,

Do you usually start light then get heavy? If thats normal for you then I would count today as day 1.  Give your clinic a call see what they say.

I had my day 1 yesterday so I get Prostap to DR in 20 days now.  It started light then got heavier, thats normal for me but everyones different.

Hope that helped good luck with tx sending you lots of  ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^hugme^

Suzee xx

#5 ·
Hi

This is a very frequently asked question so if you use the search tool you should find lots of threads discussing the same.

You count cd1 as the first day of full flow red bleeding....ignoring any spotting and/or brown old blood and if full flow appears after about 3pm then the following day is cd1 eg...

Monday....spotting/brown old blood
Tuesday....full flow red bleeding starts 3pm
Wednesday....cd1

Good luck
Natasha

#6 ·
Thanks everyone.

My clinic had told me that day 1 would be first day of full flow and I am not quite at that stage yet. 

Thanks for confirming re the 3pm ut off time.

Lots of luck to everyone.

Button xxx

#7 ·
Hello there

Both my clinics and GP told me 12 (noon). Anything after that and Day 1 was the next day

Emma x

#8 ·
Thanks Emma.  AF showed up this morning when I got up so at least I didn't have to owrry about the cut off time in the end!

Button xxx

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.