Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all

I recently found out that I am pregnant (just 4+1 today)  I was supposed to hve IVf treatment but we managed on our own after years of heartache.  My concern is that I keep having m/c because of raised NK cells.  This is what the Drs are suggesting. 

I am having the tests done on Monday and then the dr thinks we can start treament later in the week.  Will it be too late though then?  I thought that the treatment was supposed to help the baby implant? 

Thanks for your help.

Laura

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
laura - unfortunately there isn't likely to be an answer to your question.  most docs who do intralipids like to do it before ovulation to try and prevent issues like raised NKa leading to a compromised uterine lining which either prevents implantation or leads to poor growth of the placenta resulting in chemical pregnancy, or a miscarriage later on caused by the placenta and the fetus being 'starved' of nutrition due to immune attack/clotting.  Sometimes where there are immune issues, not all embryos will trigger them e.g., if there is a partial DQa match - some embryos will have the problem match but others won't - so maybe this is a non-DQa matched baby that won't be as heavily attacked as your previous pgs.... or some embryos may be particularly strong and therefore able to withstand a mild level of immune attack.  Unless there is something obviously wrong like a falling HCG, it makes sense to hope that this pregnancy stands a good chance and help it along with intralipids, even if the drip doesn't happen until 5 or 6 weeks (I would instinctively feel that its best to have ILs as soon as possible, but I would have thought anything before about 6-7 weeks would be worth trying)- but unfortunately, if the pregnancy doesn't succeed it will be very hard to know whether the intralipids were too late to make a difference.  I guess the thing to keep in mind is that most ladies who have babies do it without intralipids so every pregnancy has a chance - and you really don't know whether your body is overreacting to this particular pregnancy or whether it is behaving normally this time.

I hope it all goes well for you and this is your miracle baby.

A x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts