Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ,
I'm just wondering when you should buy your nursing bra's ?
I know you should leave it to last minute , but how late is that ?
I'm 37+3 and babies head has been engaged for nearly a week ?
Freespirit

ALSO SHOULD YOU SLEEP IN A NURSING BRA ???

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
It's probably a good idea to go & get measured now, explaining that you are after a nursing bra.

The fitter may then suggest 1 cup size bigger than you are measuring.

Probably best to buy just 1 for the moment & then see how the BF goes & get measured again when baby is a couple of weeks old.

I bought about 4 & then had to give up BF after just 2 weeks, so ended up selling them on Ebay.

xx

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya Free

i got measured at about 37.5 weeks, mainly because i knew i was going to have z at 38 weeks, normally they do say about 38 weeks plus

They measured me and advised me to go down a back size and up a cup size

ie i was 42B and now in a 40C which has now got a little bit bigger around the back than need be but think need a bigger cup size ;)

I got a twin pack as i didnt know how soon i would need an alternative size

Hope this helps
Em

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
I was told after 36 weeks as the baby should have engaged by then, meaning they are more likely to get it right. As has been said, don't go mad, only buy one for two for now as they are just guessing what size you will be based on what you are when you are measured.

Chux xx

·
Registered
60 Posts
I bought mine last Wednesday, in the middle of week 39.  The Muffin wasn't engaged although he had been a week before - albeit the wrong way around.  They measured me as I am and then went a back size down and a cup size up.  I bought two because they were reasonably cheap but the trick is to make sure you get the box so you can order more off the bra maker's website if need be!

Good luck,

BC

·
Premium Member
4,804 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
/bump BECAUSE OF THE REVISED QUESTION

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
I have nighttime nursing bra's - you tend to leak a fair bit in the early weeks/months so, for me at least, breast pads were a must!

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
3,603 Posts
superstar84 said:
It cost about £30 - you only need to buy one, if a bra shop recommends two they're just trying to make money! (Thats what my bra shop told me!)

Sades
xx
Unless you want to wear one while the other is being washed ;D

·
Registered
60 Posts
I don't think I'd want to wear my nursing bras at night because they're quite firm hold - I don't know if that'll change when the baby arrives though.  What I have done, though is buy a sleep bra - they're a bit standard, you know 36 D to G etc so if you are large or small it's not so easy to find one to fit but the way I see it that'll give me something to support the boobs, slip a breast pad into and yet which isn't going to squish and constrict them uncomfortably at night.

Cheers

BC

1 - 9 of 9 Posts