Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my first ever ^BFP^ on Tuesday and my clinic have said to book my first scan in 2.5 to 3 weeks ... I obviously want the scan as soon as possible for reassurance but also really want to make sure that there is a heartbeat (or 2) so as not to cause any worry.  I'm 4+5 now - what do you think I'm best to do book it for 6+3 or leave it until 7 weeks!? Or will it not make a lot of difference?

Thanks

Mustard
x

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi Mustard

I had my first scan at 6 weeks and we were lucky enough to see a heartbeat first time.  Although I know some clinics prefer you to wait until 7 weeks  :)

If I had to chose (which I didn't last time) then I would go midway between 6 and 7 weeks.

Congrats on your ^BFP^

x x x x

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
congratulations on your ^BFP^ my clinic booked mine for 7 weeks, but I had one at 5 weeks and 5 days and 6 weeks and 5 days (and saw a HB).
L x

·
Registered
138 Posts
Hi Mustard,

And big congrats on your  ^BFP^ ^clapping^ ^clapping^!!!

I can totally understand you want to go sooner rather than later but I would wait til 7 weeks, I'm in limbo at the moment cos I had an early emergency scan due to some pain, I wish I had never had it cos I didn't see quite what I would have liked. The clinic aren't worried and explained that the dates they give for scans are a but further on to prevent this sort of thing happening ie undue stress! They said it's common for people not to see hb/s even up til 8weeks.
Still it's completely freaked me out and I am now waiting til thurs to get scanned agian.
A few days at this time in bubs development can make all the difference too.

You do what feels right, I know you'll want to go earlier!! I did too.
And I'm sorry if this sounded a bit scary it wasn't meant to.  ^hugme^

Take care of yourself for now and try and enjoy this very special time, worrying makes me very tired!!
Debsx

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Hi hun,

Congratulations on your BFP! I too would wait till around 7 weeks, as there is more chance of seeing a HB at this stage. I had my first scan at 6+5wks and saw a HB. There are ladies who have had scans earlier and seen HB's and some havent only to go on to have another scan and see HB. Its all the stress and worrying in between

Nikki xx

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the replies ... sounds like 7 weeks is the way to go!

Debs really hope your scan goes well on Thursday and you get to see a nice strong heartbeat  ^reiki^

Mustard
x

·
Registered
138 Posts
Thanks Mustard,

I'll let you know, Let us know when you've booked your date!!

Take care and big ^hugme^

Debsx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts