Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had investigations last year at a private clinic when endo was discovered. My consultant told me to go back to him after the endo was treated. I had a lap on NHS and 3 months on Zoldex. AF returned this week for a couple of days for the first time since coming off Zoladex.

Should I make an appointment with the private consultant straight away or wait a couple of months until cycles are back to normal? I don't want to make an appointment needlessly if it's too soon (saving my money for treatment!). But I'm eager to get going on treatment now lap etc out of the way!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Deni

·
Premium Member
284 Posts
Hi Deni,

I've read in a lot of places that for us endo ladies the chances of getting pregnant are best right after lap or follow up drug treatment. So it is probably best to contact your clinic now and get started, just in case endo comes back quickly. In my own case, I always started IVF straight after finishing the hormone treatment following the lap but my endo is severe and particularly fast growing.

Good luck with your treatment.

Sushi XX

·
Registered
76 Posts
Hi Deni

AF arrived for me today for the first time since my last Zoladex injection which was 12 weeks ago :eek: I now have to wait for the next AF when bloods will be taken on day 2-6 and then 21 days after my 3rd AF is when we will start sniffing for our 2nd IVF. All seems like ages away but hopefully the time will pass quickly.

I hope this helps although each consultant seems to do things differently so it would be worth getting in touch with yours to see what he says.

Good luck!

TraceyT
xx

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Sushi and TraceyT for your replies.

I made an appointment today to see my consultant on 22 June.

Deni

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Deni,

Just wanted to find out how your appointment went on the 22nd.

I had a lap about 7 months ago. I am completing my 6 months of Zoladex this month and wasn't sure what the next step would be :eek:) When does the AF return?? When do we start trying again??

Would love to hear from anyone who's been thorugh the same process as me & what I would expect next please.

Thanks
Heena

1 - 5 of 5 Posts