Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ladies, 

Just need to run something past you.  I'm booked in for my hysto on 28th January with AF due to arrive on 31st Jan/1st Feb, then I'll start on SP.

My question is, if I'm bleeding after the hysto, how will I know that AF has arrived 3 days after?

Do you think I should rearrange the Hysto for a week earlier?

I guess I need to call the clinic tomorrow and see what they think.

Jo xx

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hey jojo - not totally sure of answer to your Q but the bleeding I had after hysto was a lot lighter than AF - would def have been able to tell the difference. But I guess both bleeding and AF vary by individual! Tabith x

·
Registered
307 Posts
Hi Jo

Hope you are well and all is going OK for you!!  Will catch up with you on the newbies thread.  I had my hysto last Thursday at ARGC, I couldn't use BUPA as they were shut unfortunately.  Anyway  I didn't bleed after the hysto but then had some quite heavy bleeding that started two days after, apparently this is normal for some people.  If I were you I would ask one of the nurses at the clinic when is the best time.  Have to say though, know its horrid talking about it, but the blood after hysto is different mine was quite bright red in colour where as AF not like that (TMI in know).  Hope this helps a little.

Jane xxx

·
Registered
336 Posts
Hi Jo,

I had a little bleeding after my hysto but it was different to my normal AF. A lot lighter and more red. The blood from hysto is new blood and red, where as my AF normally starts off with some old blood and normally not so red to begin with (sorry if TMI).

Danielle x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.