Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I have just returned to this site after a long break, having been lucky enough to conceive with a miracle daughter on my second ICSI attempt, my little angel's now now 18 months old  :)

We are trying again now but I have had to abandon my first go as I didn't down reg properly with sniffing syranel, also I had a cyst on one ovary. (this has never happened to me before).

It took AF 60 days to appear after this, and my clinic are giving me a prostap injection to down reg on the next go.

My clinic say it's ok to go ahead again straight away now I've had a natural bleed, but I'm just worried my body won't have had a chance to adjust and whether I should wait another month so I have another AF with (hopefully) normal timing first.

I have an appointment for the prostap jab next Thursday as that is day 21 of my cycle.

I'm 41 next month so am in a dilemma as to go ahead this month or not.
Will it be ok to go ahead this cycle????

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jools

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi Jools
I'm not a nurse, but my advice would be the same as your clinic's: go ahead this cycle. As your abandoned tx only involved d/r drugs and not stimming, it won't have affected your bod in a way that would adversely affect your next tx - basically, your ovaries won't need that extra time to recover that they would if they had been stimulated. And as a fellow "goldie" I would personally feel that I would want to try sooner rather than later!
I'm sure you'll get further advice from people who are better qualified, and I hope you get to feel happy with your decision (whichever way you decide!).
Love
Jen :-*

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I would also advise going ahead as soon as possible. You only need to wait longer if you had started the stims but as you didn't you can restart asap.

Ruth

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much for your replies Jen and Ruth – it's made me feel so much better. I must admit I feel a bit of a fraud now on this site as I am lucky enough to have a beautiful daughter already, and can remember only too well the desparation of the roller coaster ride before she came along. I really appreciate you taking the time to reply, and think I will just go ahead as you suggest.

Good luck Jen for your EC – it's your big week next week, I'll be thinking of you! Good to know there are other 'goldies' out there!

Thanks again

Joolsx

·
Registered
218 Posts
Jools
thanks for your good wishes. Just wanted to say, you shouldn't feel a fraud on FF!! I've encountered loads of people here who already have a ds/dd for one thing, so you're in good company. But also it's so lovely for us trying for #1 to have contact with past successes! So please keep posting!
Love
Jen :-*

1 - 5 of 5 Posts