Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm currently just over 20 weeks pg after following immune protocol at CARE in Manchester (metformin, dexamethasone, intralipids, clexane, aspirin, as well as climaval & progesterone). 

My consultant was quite happy for me to have my last IL at 10 weeks to take me to 14 weeks, but I have persuaded my GP to prescribe more.

So I shuffled them round a bit and had one at 8 and 12 weeks and another at 16+5.  This is based on what other consultants seem to prescribe as a general rule (and my NK activity was very high).

I have a 4.1 DQ alpha match too have one script left for IL's - should I want it.... Is it sensible or a bit barmy to be this cautious and use it in the enxt week, which should then take me to a "safer" 24 weeks.

Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
15,864 Posts
Diddles: Care tend to follow SIRM's lead.  With a DQa match, Dr Sher seems to consistently say that intralipids to 22 weeks is enough.    Gorgy tends to prescribe for even longer - up to 31 weeks - but I am sure the extra risk for not having intralipids from 22 -31 weeks is very tiny.

I think if I was you, I'd have the last one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts