Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello girls

Ive just done my 2nd cycle of IVF and got my  ^BFP^ yesterday! im over the moon! I have OHSS which was the sign as didnt have it at all and now I have! so being closely monitored..

Ive been taking pregnanare, coq10 and omega 3 - can I carry on taking all these? obviously the pregnacare goes without saying but can I still take the rest? I was taking l-arginine up until egg collection.

xxxxxxxx

·
Registered
350 Posts
Hi Kez,

Congratulations on your BFP!
I too had OHSS after getting BFP, my ovaries are still a little enlarged and i'm 17w tomorrow... I know how painfull OHSS can be so sympathise with you there, but on the other hand its quite reassuring.

Anyway, i too have been taking Pregnacare and Omega3 before, during and so far all the way through pregnancy. I asked my DR if i need to stop these and was told these vits are really good for you and to carry on taking them all the way through pregnancy and whilst breastfeeding (if you plan to).

Just make sure your Omega3 don't have vit A as hight quantity of that is not good for the baby.

But vit B complex - which Pregnacare are full of actually helps to prevent miscarrage.

Hope this helps.

take care, rest and drink plenty.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hi Kez

I stopped taking my CoQ10 when I got my BFP, but am taking pregnacare and DHA (type of Omega 3).  You can take these all the way through your pregnancy according to the packet.

Congratulations with your pregnancy x x

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi

Congrats on your ^BFP^  I stopped taking all the vitamin supplements when I got my positive and just continued with the Santagoen ProNatal.

x x x

1 - 4 of 4 Posts