Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Grace now has 11 teeth and I have had conflicting advice on taking her to the dentist.

On one hand I have been told they should go as soon as they have a tooth and know little ones who have gone as early as 8 months.

On the other hand when I asked my dentist he said from about 18 months to 2 years but bring her in with me before that so she gets to know the place.  He said before this is pointless as there is a.  nothing to really treat and b.  they dont often let you look anyway.

So I am confused and thought I would ask what other people have done, so I can decide if I need to push it with the dentist etc.

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
I was told the same as your dentist told you so M comes with me and we actually went this week. The dentist didn't even attempt to look in her mouth, in fact she didn't even have an appointment as such although she does when I go again in October. J OTOH has only been twice as it was always easier to leave him with mum when I went, but now he's not keen at all. This week was an improvement and he did eventually open his mouth of sorts though he wouldn't sit in the chair or let her put the mirror in his mouth, whereas last time he just cried and was terrified.

I asked her this week when I need to start worrying about him not cooperating and she said not until he's 4, and that at the moment he is behaving quite normally and as she would expect a 2/3 year old to.

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
791 Posts
I took heather for the first time in January. The dentist was lovely with her- although she didn't open her mouth much for him. She came in with me for my appointment as he said there wasn't much point before then.

She got a sticker though!!  ;D

love Rachel x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts