Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hiya all

Hope u dont think i am  ^idiot^ ^idiot^ asking this but just wondered if u could tell me where u get ur excess hair??

Mine always used to be my chin and my legs

I had a lap 3 weeks ago and since then probably not related but its sprouting everywhere

belly, feet and hands and back also

Thanks in advance

Emilyxx

·
Registered
222 Posts
I have a couple of hairs that grow on my neck, that I pluck weekly.
I have very hairy legs, hairy tummy, hairy lower back and bum, also a few hairs on my chest around my nipples. Also hairs on my feet and toes. Gee Whizz, I sound like a gorilla, lol.

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Hi Emily,

I get a slightly hairy top lip.  I get one stray hair on my chin.  I've got a bit of a hairy bum, hairy toes and my eyebrows grow really quickly.  Oooh don't I sound attractive!!!  ??? I'm forever soddin' plucking, waxing & using hair removal cream (on the sensitive bits!!).  ???

You are definately not alone!!!

Love

Lisa xx

·
Premium Member
20,592 Posts
i have a hairy line pointing down from my belly button which is apparently a common symptom of pcos,
and i too pluck black hairs from my chin!
i guess i am fairly lucky as my head hair is thick and grows really fast! rather than too mauch hair in unwanted places!
~dizzi~

·
Registered
28 Posts
hi
i get the one stray hair on my chin , which i pluck as soon as i can grab it with the tweezers!! :)
i don't suffer from excess hair, only the fat!! grr which want shift!!!!!
  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:  :mad:
Sazziiee

·
Registered
543 Posts
this is where I get my moan then.  The only thing that ever worked to get rid of my hair was dianette, but obviously trying for a baby I had to stop that and the hair came back with a vengence, even metformin didn't help and I was told it would.  Anyway back to the question.  I suffer with hair on my chin, eyebrows, upper lip, underarm, top half of legs and bikini line need doing daily.  Also have a hairy tummy, boobs, patch on my back and a hairy bum.  My tweezers are constantly on the go and at times I have been really down because of this problem - I suffer very low self esteem cos of it, but seems that nothing can be done on the nhs, unlike that prisoner who is going to get his sex change op on the nhs.  Soz big moan there, that also p'd me off re cost of fertility treatment.  Oops soz got carried away there didn't mean to go on about other things. 
Does anyone also notice that they suffer from more ingrowing hairs and shaving rashes?  I can't afford to have waxing or anything permanent done - but find that bikini line and underarm almost always have a rash even though I use shaving gel and tried god knows how many different razors.  Sounds even worse now.

·
Premium Member
7,492 Posts
I can totoally relate......I have awful chin hair which I constantly pluck (I'm becoming an expert and considering it as a career!), chest/nipples, bikini/tops of thighs, and the top of my back. Its horrible. I hate feeling like a hairy monster, and it can't be nice for DH living with me as a hairy monster. I think we should petition for laser hair removal on teh NHS! Like you said Zoe, if some jailbird gets his sex change paid for, a bit of laser is nothing!

KerryB
xx

·
Premium Member
14,698 Posts
hi

just wanted to say that some health authorities will pay for laser hair removal on the nhs if you can convince your doctor that the symptoms of the unwanted hair are basically making you depressed and stopping you carrying out your daily activities etc,
my friend has just had it done on her chin and she said it was painful but worth every ounce of the pain !!
so maybe we should start hounding to get it  on the nhs for all us pcos sufferers??

love
suzie aka olive xx

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I agree Olive!

So many people can get boob/nose jobs done on the NHS, I don't see why us PCOS sufferers are shunned! Many docs seem to think its just a 'cosmetic' thing - rubbish!!! Think its time we got militant!

I think a while ago there was a petition on here to get Hair Removal on the NHS? Can't rememeber?!

Just to say that I too get hair in all the horrible places...my legs are like wire brushes if I don't do them every other day! I also get the chin, tummy, upper leg and out of control bikini line hair. Like Kerry I feel like I spend my whole life plucking!

I've found that the only thing that doesn't bring me out in shaving rash is hair removal cream (the sensitive variety).

There is supposed to be a really good lotion you can use for ingrown hairs but I've forgotten the name! Will have a look for it....

·
Registered
33 Posts
hi everyone,

Sorry I haven't posted on the thread for a while.

I am also an excess hair sufferer, I get it on my chin, neck, side of face, tops of legs and arms.  I used to pluck my face for years, but I have made it a hundred times worse.  I tried to get help on the NHS for laser treatment or even electrolysis, but like Zoe said, the only people who they would help is sex change patients.  I have now found a really nice Beauty Therapist who I go to every two weeks for Electrolysis, They only thing is is that I have to shave in between which is not the most feminine thing to do.  But I have been going a year now a I can really notice the difference, it is just a pity if costs so much (£160.00 for 6 treatments).

See you Snickers

·
Premium Member
6,174 Posts
Hiya Emily, I have excess hair on my upper lip, chest, nipples, some on my belly, bikini line and my toes & tops of my feet have it too LOL

I usually just veet/pluck/trim my chest, nipples & bikini but do have my upper lip waxed. I would love to be able to get it even at cut price on the NHS.! LOL

This is the link for the petition that was posted a while back.... http://www.petitiononline.com/pcos1234/

And this is the link to the thread that Kim started..... http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,4160.0.html

Nicky x x x

·
Registered
543 Posts
I just signed my name to the petition - whether it is still ongoing I don't know, does anyone else?

·
Premium Member
9,467 Posts
Lipgloss I find with ingrowing hairs if you exfoliate the area daily you can usually get the skin to release the hair.  I read it somewhere years ago and though nah but tried it and hey presto it works!

G

·
This is just 1 of the things i hate about this condition.

I have a little hair on my chest (very fine) the line from my belly button to you know where :-[, on my toes and also on my upper lip :-[ :mad:. I get a few rogue hair on my face that I pluck.

chazz

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi

I have loads of hair on my tummy & also on my big toes.  I use a razor & shave it off but it seems to grow back almost immediately!

love

Sue :)

·
Registered
111 Posts
ahhh it s so interesting that we PCOS cysters have so much in common.
i remove hair from my upperlip,eyebrows chin belly button,upper thighs, legs, toes, fingersand the near my jaws and they grow with such a vegeence.
Sigh what else is left?????  ???

·
Registered
141 Posts
Me too on the excess hair front!

Just waiting for the hairy ears, excess nostril hairs - if I was smaller I could tell everyone that I was a Hobbit.  As I am tall, I'll just have to say I am a Yeti!  The annoying thing is that the hair on my head used to be very thick but that has thinned over the years and the hairs have thickened elsewhere - where they are not welcome!  It's ok to talk about it on here but other than that, it is a huge embarrassment.  The one positive thing I know is that it hits most women after the menopause anyway but we are experts at dealing with it many years beforehand!  So we can go into smug-mode when none-PCOS sufferers catch up!

If it gets any worse, we'll all have to bathe in Veet!

Only joking!  It sucks that we can't get help on the NHS.  Mentioned it to a female GP, who was most unsympathetic.  I just wanted to smack her in the face for not taking me seriously and not realising how much courage it had taken to raise the issue with her.

I lost over three stones thinking that would help but it hasn't so weight reduction isn't the answer.  Sometimes reflexology and acupuncture helps the hairs become less coarse I have heard.

Any other tips out there?

Love to everyone else and I am pleased that we have all been brave enough to share this with one another.

Elaine R

·
Registered
209 Posts
Bleedin hairs!!!  I'm another one!!  :(

I have a hairier top lip than my DH!!   ^evil^ I have hair on my toes, tops of legs and bikini is pretty terrible, zip line, boobs and lip.  My zip line is particularly bad, and hairs grow to about an inch long if left  - blurg!!!  :-[

I used to have electrolysis on my top lip but even though the hair there is quite fair, its really thick so I have this waxed.  Rest of excess hair is dark and course - after my belly deflated slightly after Frankie was born it looked like I had a pair of dark shorts on - pretty vile!!  :eek:  Waxing is the only way for me!!  I can't be bothered to shave every day and deal with the rashes - but again, with waxing its in-growing hairs so we can't win!!  :-\

I have found to reduce the shaving rashes, use a Witch Hazel stick - its really good for reducing the irratation.

Love to all
Churchill
xx

·
Registered
260 Posts
hi, i found this topic and was relieved to find im not alone and to be honest knowing that other ppl suffer the same im no longer embararessed

well done for creating this topic ;D

i only suffer from slight hairs on my tummy, but get it bad on my bikini and legs. if i shave the hairs come back a day later and i dont feel feminine.
i would like to wax but am scared of the pain, is there any alternatives ??? that are painless but keeps the hairs away longer ???

i was diagnosed on 13th may this year and currently beginning fertility treatment.

G

·
hi

I have only just found this thread and im so glad i have.  I have hair on toes and tops of feet, chin. around nipples, zip line, terrible bikini line and really hairy tops of legs!!!!!

really find it hard on holidays when wearing a bikini feel really self conscious  :(

it is really good knowing there are other people who are in the same boat

love

Donnax

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.