1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:-\
morning,

A quick resume.
Reason for infertility-azoospermia, confirmed due to childhood hernia repair and op for undescended testes.
2001: 3*icsi. Last one successful, daughter 1yo. (On short protocol as get cysts on long, + aspirin.)
2003: 3*icsi. no success.

We have stayed with the same clinic throughout on pretty much the same protocol. With most cycles I have about 50% fertilisation rate and end up with 3 variable quality embryos put back.
On successful cycle had 3dt of one 8 and one 6 cell. On all other cycles we had 2-4 cells on 2/3 dt.

My question is, do we cut our losses and go somewhere else (considering ARGC) or do we go through the same protocol?
Should we risk our embryos and go to blast? We have to make these decisions as it is now time for my husband to have MESA again. More trauma and expense.

Need advice please!

Regards

Eviet

·
Registered
856 Posts
Please see my comments in your text:

eviet said:
:-\
morning,

A quick resume.
Reason for infertility-azoospermia, confirmed due to childhood hernia repair and op for undescended testes.
2001: 3*icsi. Last one successful, daughter 1yo. (On short protocol as get cysts on long, + aspirin.)
2003: 3*icsi. no success.

We have stayed with the same clinic throughout on pretty much the same protocol. With most cycles I have about 50% fertilisation rate and end up with 3 variable quality embryos put back.
On successful cycle had 3dt of one 8 and one 6 cell. On all other cycles we had 2-4 cells on 2/3 dt.

My question is, do we cut our losses and go somewhere else (considering ARGC) or do we go through the same protocol?

If you are happy with your clinmic them stay where you are. You should however insist on a thorough review of your case with a consultant and an embryologist to ensire that the approach is right for you.

Should we risk our embryos and go to blast?

In my opinion blastocyst transfers are the best but you do have to accept the fact that you might not get any blastocysts in a given cycle.

Hope this helps!

Peter

We have to make these decisions as it is now time for my husband to have MESA again. More trauma and expense.

Need advice please!

Regards

Eviet

1 - 2 of 2 Posts