Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find an egg donor in the UK. I don't want to go abroad and have been waiting months with no luck. Egg sharing is an option but on a waiting list for that too.
Any suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hi P. bear,
The shortest waiting list of which I am aware for egg sharing is at CRM (London). I am on this waiting list & have been told it's currently about 6-8 months. You have to organise an initial consultation first & pay for being on the list (total cost £680). There is also a relatively short wait (9-12 months) at LWC (London) & costs are similar.

Altrui is an organisation which helps people find an altruistic donor (by advertising) - it takes about 3 months (average) including all the donor's tests. This is not an egg share scheme as you get to keep all viable eggs. It's quite expensive to do however - approx £9000 (your treatment + donor's treatment & all meds) + £1300 (Altrui's fee) + £500 or more (cost of advertising).

I have no experience of finding a donor independently. I have noticed a few people offer to egg share on FF.
The other option is to go abroad where there are minimal or no waiting lists, but then you wave the right to ID release donors  (unless you go to USA, but expensive option).
Hope that's helpful & very good luck!

·
Registered
905 Posts
Hi
The National Gamete Donation Trust www.ngdt.co.uk can help with advertising for a donor independently or give advice about raising awareness of your need in extended friendship groups. They also often have up to date information about clinics with short egg share waiting lists. Another clinic to try is Herts and Essex. Their waiting list is rarely longer than six months.
Best wishes
Olivia

/links

1 - 3 of 3 Posts