Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

just starting out on the bumpy road, to having a bump (fingers crossed).  ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ I have just learned that you do have some choice in where you have your treatment. I had surgery to remove Fibroids in James Cook in Boro and I was was looked after really well. I presumed i would go there, but then the surgeon said I would likely go to Bishop Clinic.  I heard not so good things about that clinic and now I think i should make an effort to find the best place. Any tips on how to find out success rates?

Thanks in advance everyone.

Big hug,
Redjodie

·
Registered
224 Posts
Hiya

Thought i would say hi, As notice you live in Darlington, I m at bishop , i have pcos and so far ive had clomid & metforine( cant spell)
and ovarian drilling, then clomid again.
Waiting for IUI now, they say BMI needs to be 30 and mines 30.26 so need to loose weight.

The consultant is ok cant spell his name and the staff are friendly. However i never know what he on about as he don't explain things well, he just tells you what they are going to do at that time.

Hope that helps

·
Registered
799 Posts
Hi Redjodie

I had ICSI lasy year at James Cook and I cannot fault them - I might think different if I got a BFN, but I got a BFP first time.
I felt really looked after, and my consultant (Mr Taylor) was really nice and I know girls who went through Mr Mustafa who really liked him too.
Most of the nurses are so sweet, although i few are weight obsessed  ;D  and can sometimes make you feel a bit cr*p  ::)

Good luck with the treatment  ^hugme^

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Alison and Frazermic!!

My GP told me the same thing about Bishop and did recommend I insist on James Cook. I have been happy with the treatment I have had there so far, under both Mr Taylor and Mr Mustafa. It's been pretty good all in all and I wouldn't object to staying there.

Bishop I know nothing about, but I would put up with not having things explained if they get me my bump first time. I heard James Cook had a higher success rate though, which also seems to be what you are both confirming. I would like to get some stats maybe.

Good grief, it's like studying for an exam. Why can't we "just" get pregnant like all those other people!!!!!!!!!!!  :mad: :mad:

Thanks ladies.

·
Premium Member
1,570 Posts
Hi

Redjodie im currently at BA under Mr Oghoetuoma (not sure if this is the guy your on about)??  I find him really good, he is very honest, which i appreciate.

Im having tx with BA combined with JCUH.  Apparently blood tests, scans, etc will be at BA but egg collection/transfer should be at JCUH??  Confusing i think, but ive just got an appointment through today with Mr Taylor for the 3rd June...  Hopefully can find out more then.

xx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts