Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

41 - 60 of 173 Posts

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Stepan will send you a scanned prescription (they don't post originals anymore).  Please check that the amounts are right before getting it filled, they often make mistakes on the numbers we've found.

Shadwell is a station, and you can find it on the tubemap.  It's pretty easy to get to, I just changed at Bank and all the trains from there on that line go through Shadwell, so you don't have to worry about end destinations.  When you get to the Shadwell, go down the stairs, turn left out of the station and Rigcharm is just a 100 yards or so down on the left handside.  Dead easy.  They do deliver if you prefer.

You can email the prescription to him beforehand, or fax if you prefer.  Just be aware that some meds are refrigerated and (unless you need to administer before you go) are better bought from the clinic once you're there.

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
I have only been in person before but I think that he can courier as well, he is a lovely man
L x

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hi,

Yasser at Shadwell can post your prescription. It costs £10 but the prescription will arrive very quickly, often the next day. As others have said, hes a lovely man and offers a very good service. Just email him your prescription from Stepan and then ring him to confirm your payment details.

- Greta.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
I agree he's lovely, he got me a new gonal pen without a prescription when I messed mine up and loaded the wrong dose.  I was freaking out that I'd have to stop stimms 2 days early because of it, but he sorted it with no fuss and I was able to continute as normal.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Is there a price list for Progynova & Utrogestan anywhere I could access.  I'm getting mine from Ali who is very helpful & prompt with sending, but he doesn't send detailed receipts.  He emailed me to say that Progynova was £12 & Utrogestan £8, but I saw on other post elsewhere on the forum that Progynova was £8.55 from Ali so I'm a bit confused.

Thanks
Carina

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
The prices don't seem to stay static, I think it depends on what his supplier charges.  Best thing is to ring and ask him.

·
Registered
69 Posts
HI folks,

Does anyone know where in Ireland I can pick up a prescription from stepan?

any help much appreciated!

San x

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
San have you checked that Yasser can post it to you?  I shouldn't think it would be a problem.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hi all

Just wanted to put a note on here about Fazeley's Pharmacy in Tamworth (forgive me if this has already been mentioned).

They are CHEAP, CHEAP, CHEAP for drugs!!!! :)

They have recently set up the same agreement with Reprofit as Rigcharm in Shadwell has, whereby they will accept an email prescription and post out your drugs. Once a month Reprofit will post them the original prescriptions.

The contact there is a guy called Ali (not to be confused with the original "Ali at Shadwells" mentioned on here). He is absolutely wonderful and lovely to deal with. Email is [email protected] and tel is 01827 262 488. (Address can be found on the web if you need it). Mark emails "FAO Ali"

The best part about Fazeley's is that are considerably cheaper than Rigcharm's. I got all my drugs £123 cheaper overall than was quoted by Rigcharm - big, big difference. Plus Ali was more knowledgeable on how each of the drugs needed to be stored and I didn't need to pay £40 for a refridgerated delivery (quoted by Rigcharm), all I needed to pay was £12.50 for a before 12noon special delivery with an ice pack in, as they post them out at 6pm the night before and it's only Pregnyl that needs refridgerating after 24 hrs.

I've actually planned to go in and pick my drugs up in the end as they're not far from me, but that's another bonus for us northern ladies! :)

For me, Ali really took the stress out of getting my drugs and made it all easy - which is what you want! I can't recommend him highly enough - and no, I'm not on commission!!!! lol! I wish!

Good luck all you ladies!

/links

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Another recommendation for Ali at Fazeley Pharmacy. He is fantastic and way cheaper than Yasser and all other pharmacies that I checked.

You can pay by debit card, credit card or online banking/BACS transfer. I just called and paid with my debit card today and my drugs will be here tomorrow. Very friendly and very prompt service from him by email and the lady that answered the phone and took the payment was equally lovely and great service. You can have the drugs delivered to any address, so to your work/friends/family if you needed too.

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
Feisty, it would be good to contact the admin and get her to add the details at the top of this thread, otherwise it'll get lost in the shuffle, and that would be a shame.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Fazeley's will also accept scripts from Gyncentrum Ostrava, I needed somewhere to get mine & at the time no-one seemed to accept them from Gyncentrum & Fazeley's took the time to arrange it with Diana & I was so grateful for that as it made that part of the journey so much easier.

Carina

·
Registered
207 Posts
Hi

The info on Fazeleys was really useful - just having a panic about my depot shot as Stepan has just told me I need to take it on Monday!  I usually get Reprofit to send my drugs over but there isn't time. 

Stepan's told me to take Diphereline (which I've had before) but Fazeleys have said the UK equivalent for this is 3,75 mg Prostrap.  Just wondered if this is what anyone else has had this for their depot? 

Thanks

Dunniex

·
Registered
646 Posts
Hi Dunnie

I'm under Stepan and he prescribes 5000iu of Pregnyl to take as my trigger shot (the one to make you ovulate before EC). I think that's what you mean by depot shot but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I get it from Fazeley's - it's really cheap too! £3.75 I think!

Shellie
xx

·
Registered
568 Posts
Shellie
Its not the same as the pregnyl-the pregnyl is hcg to make you ovulate(you are right) but the diphereline is the shot you take to shut your body down (downregulate) before starting the estrogen, used in DE cycles at Reprofit-Prostap is ok to use.
Glad to see the pregnyl is so cheap-ill be taking it next month :)
anyone know how much is the gestone 100mg?
Ill be taking one shot every other day starting on day of ovulation
Danni xxx

·
Registered
207 Posts
I managed to get the prescription emailed over from reprofit, if you need to email them then send it to: [email protected]

I sent it onto Fazeys and they were great and it arrived today.

I also got a list of equivalent drugs from Stepan :

•Estrogens
Can be used as tablets or patches, we prefer tablets.
Tablets: Estrofem 2mg, Provames 2mg, Progynova 2mg, Climaval 2mg, Estrace 2mg, Estrimax 2mg, Progynon 2mg
Patches: Estraderm TTS 50,100ug , Estrahexal 50,100ug

•Gestagens
Can be used as capsules, pessaries, gel or intramuscular injections.
Capsules: Utrogestan 100 or 200mg , Prometrium 100 or 200mg, Progeffik 200mg
Pessaries:Cyclogest 400mg
Gel:Crinone gel 8%
Injections: Gestone, Agolutin

•GnRH analogue depot injection
Injection: Decapeptyl depot 3,75mg , Diphereline depot 3,0 mg
Lupron depot 3,75mg, Enanton depot, Gonapeptyl depot, Prostrap, Procren Depot 3,75

Medications that may be added to your treatment : Prednisone 5mg tbl, Baby Aspirin 40-100mg tbl, Acid Folic, Heparin 5000 IU or any low molecular weight heparin

When we were last in Brno we got Stepan to write a prescription for the Gestone and got it from the pharmacy and it was really cheap.

Dunniex

·
Registered
1,632 Posts
We need all this good info at the top of the thread!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hi Danni  :)

My understanding is you can only get gestone in 50mg now, and the same price as 100mg!! ^bigbad^)
I was using two vials a time. Thankfully weaned of now but it cost a bloody fortune.  In Czech they use agolutin (might be wrong spelling) but it's more synthetic so I stuck with the gestone. Seemed pretty much same price at all pharmacies, I can't remember exactly but about £200 for 20. I usually used the Wigmore chemist near Dr G's because it's handy and the staff are really friendly and give you the necessary syringes etc, not like Boots who wanted to charge me for them!

Anne xx

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I've not been able to get 100mg Gestone either so have been having to use 2 x 50mg vials. There still seems to be a manufacturing problem with it. Dont know why.

Luckily I will be weaning off it next week. My  ^shake^ will be sooooooo pleased  ;D

Cozy
:)

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
Ive just ordered 100mg GEstone from fazelys.  They havent said anything about a problem.  Maybe its sorted now.

41 - 60 of 173 Posts