Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Where to source Drugs in the UK using a scanned/emailed prescription

103K views 172 replies 71 participants last post by  Crysta 
#1 ·
Hi wondered if you could help - I have been told that there is a list of pharmacies in the UK that accept international scripts.

Would anyone know where I could find that on here?

Thanks for your help love Karen xxx

#52 ·
Fazeley's will also accept scripts from Gyncentrum Ostrava, I needed somewhere to get mine & at the time no-one seemed to accept them from Gyncentrum & Fazeley's took the time to arrange it with Diana & I was so grateful for that as it made that part of the journey so much easier.

Carina

#53 ·
Hi

The info on Fazeleys was really useful - just having a panic about my depot shot as Stepan has just told me I need to take it on Monday!  I usually get Reprofit to send my drugs over but there isn't time. 

Stepan's told me to take Diphereline (which I've had before) but Fazeleys have said the UK equivalent for this is 3,75 mg Prostrap.  Just wondered if this is what anyone else has had this for their depot? 

Thanks

Dunniex

#54 ·
Hi Dunnie

I'm under Stepan and he prescribes 5000iu of Pregnyl to take as my trigger shot (the one to make you ovulate before EC). I think that's what you mean by depot shot but I'm not sure.

Anyway, I get it from Fazeley's - it's really cheap too! £3.75 I think!

Shellie
xx

#55 ·
Shellie
Its not the same as the pregnyl-the pregnyl is hcg to make you ovulate(you are right) but the diphereline is the shot you take to shut your body down (downregulate) before starting the estrogen, used in DE cycles at Reprofit-Prostap is ok to use.
Glad to see the pregnyl is so cheap-ill be taking it next month :)
anyone know how much is the gestone 100mg?
Ill be taking one shot every other day starting on day of ovulation
Danni xxx

#56 ·
I managed to get the prescription emailed over from reprofit, if you need to email them then send it to: jana@reprofit.cz

I sent it onto Fazeys and they were great and it arrived today.

I also got a list of equivalent drugs from Stepan :

•Estrogens
Can be used as tablets or patches, we prefer tablets.
Tablets: Estrofem 2mg, Provames 2mg, Progynova 2mg, Climaval 2mg, Estrace 2mg, Estrimax 2mg, Progynon 2mg
Patches: Estraderm TTS 50,100ug , Estrahexal 50,100ug

•Gestagens
Can be used as capsules, pessaries, gel or intramuscular injections.
Capsules: Utrogestan 100 or 200mg , Prometrium 100 or 200mg, Progeffik 200mg
Pessaries:Cyclogest 400mg
Gel:Crinone gel 8%
Injections: Gestone, Agolutin

•GnRH analogue depot injection
Injection: Decapeptyl depot 3,75mg , Diphereline depot 3,0 mg
Lupron depot 3,75mg, Enanton depot, Gonapeptyl depot, Prostrap, Procren Depot 3,75

Medications that may be added to your treatment : Prednisone 5mg tbl, Baby Aspirin 40-100mg tbl, Acid Folic, Heparin 5000 IU or any low molecular weight heparin

When we were last in Brno we got Stepan to write a prescription for the Gestone and got it from the pharmacy and it was really cheap.

Dunniex

#58 ·
Hi Danni  :)

My understanding is you can only get gestone in 50mg now, and the same price as 100mg!! ^bigbad^)
I was using two vials a time. Thankfully weaned of now but it cost a bloody fortune.  In Czech they use agolutin (might be wrong spelling) but it's more synthetic so I stuck with the gestone. Seemed pretty much same price at all pharmacies, I can't remember exactly but about £200 for 20. I usually used the Wigmore chemist near Dr G's because it's handy and the staff are really friendly and give you the necessary syringes etc, not like Boots who wanted to charge me for them!

Anne xx

#59 ·
I've not been able to get 100mg Gestone either so have been having to use 2 x 50mg vials. There still seems to be a manufacturing problem with it. Dont know why.

Luckily I will be weaning off it next week. My  ^shake^ will be sooooooo pleased  ;D

Cozy
:)

#60 ·
Ive just ordered 100mg GEstone from fazelys.  They havent said anything about a problem.  Maybe its sorted now.

#61 ·
I just went to Ali in Shadwell and he was very keen for me to post on here about going there, I have a feeling that he's lost some customers to Fazelys. Anyway, I was getting pregnyl and it worked out slightly cheaper at Ali's and it was very easy to get there. Only thing is that according to the leaflet it needs to be kept cold but he gave it to me in a plastic bag and said that it wouldn't matter as long as I put it in the fridge when I got home. Luckily I'd taken a cool bag.

bingbong x

#62 ·
If Yasser at shadwell has lost customers it could be because he has not bothered to answer emails.  I've emailed him three times to ask for a quote and have received no reply.  Fazely's on the other hand replied straight away.

By the way, I was wrong about the gestone problem being solved, theyve just rung me to say they can only get the 50mg... oh and its the same price per vial as the 100mg, whichi scompletely ridiculous?  How can they charge the same price for half the amount.. no wonder they arent fixing the problem, its too lucrative for them (the manufacturer I mean)

If anyone has an up to date email address for Shadwell which theyve got rplies from recently, I'd be grateful, just on the offchance theyve changed it and I'm sending to the wrong person.

#63 ·
alischemist@yahoo.co.uk is the email I got a response from today. I also emailed Yasser and they replied quicker but Ali did. I'd try him, might save you a fortune.

bingbong x

/links

#64 ·
#65 ·
I think it just depends what you're buying. I compared Shadwells and Fazeley's prices for my drugs this time and Fazeley's worked out cheaper for me.

#66 ·
I'm just very unimpressed by the way all my emails to Shadwell were completely ignored.

#67 ·
that sounds most unlike yasser, have you tried calling him and asking him about the emails?  He's the nicest guy and usually so prompt, I can only assume they are having some problems re emails.

#68 ·
hi
I send Yasser at Shadwelll an email twice in the last 2 days and he replied everytime, the last time within 20mins of sending the email. Very unlike him not to answer
i wanted to make sure he had the drugs ready before I collected it, so he phoned me at 2pm to say he has all the stuff and prices-I went to collect it at 4pm. He says he can beat any price ??? ???Yasser wished me the best of luck, he is very friendly and down to earth. this is my last time so I lasughed and said he definitely wont see me again, unless its completely unrelated to drugs :)
I dont know why he has not replied to your email,mystery
Danni xxx

#69 ·
hmm, funnily enough I never got a reply to my email either...but I think calling is probably best in these circumstances anyway - the thing with email is you never really know if it's got through etc, at least if you call, you can get an immediate reply  :)

#70 ·
I never used to get a reply from Yasser, but I used to phone after I had sent an email and told him I had sent one, then he replied to email with prices on etc. Then I used to recall to pay.

Cozy
:)

#71 ·
pomegranate, thanks but I do know how to send an email correctly.  No-one else has had any trouble receiving them from me.

#72 ·
Can you get drugs from your own GP?
I have my prescription - the drugs are free at Ostrava clinic - so I am not sure if I have to use same pharmacy as you ladies who have paid for drugs?

I am waiting on a list coming thru of pharmacies Ostrava use.  :)

But was wondering about GP, mine is really helpful so might be worth asking?  ??? ???

#73 ·
kizzy it's always worth asking, but I wouldn't get your hopes too high.  Most GPs flat out refuse to have anything to do with foreign prescriptions, even though they are standard IVF drugs.  I think it's liability issues, plus they don't like to encourage 'fertility tourism' (I HATE that term!!!) as they disapprove of us doing our own thing out of their control.

#74 ·
My Doc was fine with it - he is going to get back to me - BUT I think I am going to pay for treatment up front - Diana at Gyncentrum Ostrava will send the drugs to me then - so problem solved!  :)

Another thing ticked off the list!!

#75 ·
Can i check please as confused, re yasserlatif4@hotmail.com and alischemist@yahoo.co.uk , are these both the same chemist?

Does anyone have any good knowledge of best place to go when needing Puregon. price i got so far from Yasser was £1500 for this drug alone. thanks bron

/links

#76 ·
I think they are two separate pharmacies.  Yasser is in Shadwell, some people still refer to 'ali at Shadwell' because his predecessor was called Ali.  It does confuse things a bit.  If you look back through this thread you should find details of the other pharmacy, I think it's Ali at Fazelys, but I could be wrong.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.