Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Me and my partner have been told that we will need egg donation as i am going through an early menopause, we have been trying for several years now but it was still a shock to find out and took a lot of getting used to. We have received funding through the nhs and we are having treatment at liverpool,  we don't have much money so cant afford to go private, but the waiting list for donor eggs is approx 2yrs on the nhs, we haven't got two years as im now 37 and it would take us above the age limit for ivf. What i was hoping is that i could get advice on what people think  i should do next and where is the best places to advertise for egg donors. Any advice would be greatfully excepted :). Its so nice to know we are not alone through this. I wish everyone luck in reaching there dreams :).

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
I am not sure what your DH's sperm is like but some clinics will give free IVF if men donate sperm eg bourne Hall, but  maybe they will assist, some clinics if you introduce an egg donor put you to the top of the clinic list it might be worth ringing around and seeing what clinics might offer/do. wishing you luck

·
Premium Member
6,153 Posts
Really with egg donation there should not be an age limit of 39 on the NHS as the age of the donor, NOT the age of the recipient is the factor for success. I would check whether they would stop you having treatment. The 39 age limit is due to cost effectiveness in own egg IVF as above 40 rates do decline, sadly.

I understand your need though to get on with it as no one wants to wait around with the misery of infertility if something can be done sooner, plus the rules might change in the future, especially with all the cost cutting going on.

Have you considered going to an agency like Altrui.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi
Thankyou everyone for your replys and i have in boxed you i think  ::) not sure if i have done it right. I'm still in the same position but I'm feeling more positive now so thanks ^hugme^
Donna

1 - 5 of 5 Posts