Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where are all the Great Girlies Giving Up Smoking Part 2 ??? :-

Where have you all gone? ^hump^

Hope where ever you are you are all healthy non smokers!!

Lots of Love &  ^fairydust^

Polly XXX ^shake^

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Polly ^wave^

I am still here! ... just not been very active on the posting ;D

I will be back next week on the thread!

Belinda x

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
I'm still around but have to admit that I have been very bad  ^evil^

I have now stopped again from today as it freaked me out  that I could start stimms tomorrow and I don't want to smoke out my eggs!

Nic G xxxxxxxxxxxx  :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hiya Belinda & Nic!! ^banana^

Good to hear that everyone hasn't disappeared!
Been about 99% good  :- The odd drag, but not too bad!
Dh STILL smoking  ^furios^ so I blame him when I have a relapse Well what does he expect when he leaves a ciggie burning under my nose & leaves the room? Should ban him to the shed  ^shake^
Apart from that feeling great  ;D reckon it's all the drugs!! Dunno what I'm doing half the time...Fabulous!
Got FET on friday 5th Nov.... Must admit I'm getting a bit jittery now, worrying it my 3 frosties will survive the thaw  :-
Got my orange pants today, so feeling a bit more poss ^reiki^
Love Pol XXX

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi girls,sorry i've been missing for a couple of weeks but works been manic,but i'm back and still not smoking yeepee.
Polly good luck with FET on friday got everything crossed for you hun :eek:.
Bels how you doing hun.
Well must go ,got my nine month old nephew coming over soon first time having him to myself.
Chat soon,Love Lisa 1 XX

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hey Belinda Nic & Lisa, :p

Just a quick note to say  ^goodluck^ & keep up the ciggie free life!  ::)

On the move tomorrow, so gonna be offline for a few weeks  :-\

Hope all tx go to plan for everyone, gonna be lost without you guys  :'(

Take Care lotsa  ^reiki^
Pol xx

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Pol  :)

Not sure if you'll see this posting before your move but best of luck with everything and fingers crossed for FET on Friday - you'll be fine hun.

Best of luck to all of you giving up smoking.

Nic G xxxxxxxx ;D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi ya Nic ;D

How's life without the dreaded weed??? :mad:

Yep still online!!! sending posts on ff, & sending LOADS of emails! Trying to make the most of it! ::)

Thanks for all your good wishes, will try to stay poss, my mum just called, she got me some pants with a orange stripe!
She said she asked in every clothes shop!

Apparently Sloggi are bringing out new spring ORANGE range! Must've been reading our posts!

My dad think I've totally flipped! Dh jus goes along with it for a quiet life!
Found a bright orange leprechaun today! He's now hanging in the car!

Also got some liquorice sticks (looks like a twig!) Bl**dy vile! From health food shop

Ta ta for now, still got PC tonight! Can see it's gonna be a late one!
Pol XX

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
Polly,

Good luck with the tx and smoking ........ chat when your up and running again !!!

Belinda xx

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Hi Pol  ;D

Life without the dreaded weed is ok  :( I've just realised that I actually like smoking  ^evil^ Is that a bad thing to say?  ???

I had my 1st scan today to start stimms and DH and I are overjoyed to step over another hurdle on the long journey towards our dream.  And do you know what I did when I got to work? Well, I had a ciggie  ^evil^ ^evil^

I don't know what's wrong with me, here I am nearly half way through ivf tx and I'm having a ciggie!  I only smoked half of it and I felt very guilty  ::)

I have now decided that if I want one I will have ONE and only ONE!  And see how it goes.  I would have thought that at this stage of ivf (stimms) that it was more than crucial that I try not to smoke!  Oh well, all I can do is try  ;D

I've been following the thread about orange knickers and I see that Ms West (she who must be obeyed!) loves orange, encourages fertility, or something like that!  When's the best time to invest in orange garments??  ;D ;D ;D

Lots of baby dust  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Nic G

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello Nic & Bels!!

Just been watching Wife Swap OMG, just can't believe how some parents treat their kids, begs the question 'Why have them?'

Anyhow, Nic don't be too hard on yourself... It's tough giving up, more addictive than herion, did you know that?! Went to Giving up Smoking Thingy @ Docs last time I quit,it's bit like you'd imagine any addict group,you know stand up & say My name is Polly & I'm a smoker! Pretty good though! Does keep you on the straight & narrow.(Or not in my case!)
I've lost my smileys....Noooo!
Reckon the drugs have kicked in (again tee hee) Is it just me, feel a bit skitso, very strange!
Got to say I was VERY good at start of stimms with not smoking, but the last week I've kept sneaking a few puffs, never a whole one, but I can see it's getting that way, poo, not good.
Are you using any patches, or gum?
I'm still on patches, although they do give me VERY vivid dreams, not rude I hassen to add! Just very memorable, odd...
Enuff gabbling

Might be back before bedtime you never know.

Love Polxxx

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Hello  ;D

I'm not on any patches, but I did try gum for a week before we started tx.  The gum was vile and I decided to go 'cold turkey' but as the date approached to start tx I started to get nervous and tearful and started to smoke again  ^evil^ ^evil^

I'm addicted to smoking in the sense that I have always used it as an 'emotional crutch' - which is just what I need right now!  ;)

Take care.

Nic G xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hello,

I posted on your part two thread so I hope you don't mind me copying my message over to here!

I am a bit concerned about using patches when d/r. What do you think?

dotty xxx

Hello everyone,

I have been reading all your messages and would like to join you if that is ok?
I should be starting my first ICSI treatment soon (ec sometime mid Dec) and I really want to give up before then.
Can I confess.....I am very, very weak when it comes to cigarettes... 
I don't think I would be giving up if it wasn't for having tx. Although dh doesn't smoke and he hates it!
I have tried a few times over the past few weeks but have fallen off the wagon every time. I find that the patches take the craving away, the 24 hour ones, but they make me feel really light headed and I have had to take them off twice because they actually made me sick! Is this because I am putting them on before going to bed or should I try the next level down??
A few questions...
Will I be alright on patches and going through treatment? Is it the smoking or the nicotine that is harmful? Will it have the patch have any effect on tx?
I'm going to buy some liquorice on Monday as that seems to help a few of you.
Do you know it actually frightens me posting this because I am sure that I will be the biggest failure on this thread! 

Any advice gratefully received....

Sending strength to you all....you are all doing so well.

·
Premium Member
418 Posts
Welcome Dotty  :)

Best of luck with your tx.  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

I too love cigarettes and have tried to make a big effort not to smoke.  I readily admit that I have a puff or too during the day.  No way I can smoke at home DH would throttle me!!

I've never tried the patches - didn't like the idea of nicotine going straight into me without any control over it!  Gum was useless and tasted like chewed up paper!  ;D ;D

And as for being 'the biggest failure on this thread' - we are all here to support each other in our struggle to give up the evil weed - as I was told don't beat yourself up if you fancy one now again.  I think we should think about giving up for our own health (primarily) as well as for the health of the baby(ies) we are going to have  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Nic G  ^daisy^ ^fairydust^

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hi Nic,

Thanks for the reply. I haven't managed to make a start yet. I keep putting it off and buying another pack! Bad, bad dotty!  :(
Anyway I will be going on the pill tomorrow so I am going to do it this weekend. Honest!  :)
Good luck for the scan next week. I hope everything is going well for you.

dotty xx
^daisy^

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Hiya girlies

I'm still alive and kicking (and staying off the cigs  surprisingly enough) but am PC less at the moment and have managed to log on from sis in laws today in the hope I can have a quick catch up with everybody

Will hope to be back real soon in full swing but wishing you all lots of love luck and nico free days ^afro^

Jax
xxx

1 - 16 of 16 Posts