Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies
Just wndering if anyone could recommend which brand of pregnacy test they have used or are going to use?
Heard mixed reviews on clear blue, which was my initial choice and now confused. ^idiot^
My OTD is the 23rd DEc so I'm in very early stages right now and its already doing my head in............... I mean a test is a test right?
Even contemplating waiting till the eve of 23rd to test as its the last day of work that day (before christmas close down)and I think it would crush me if I got a BFN and had to ingure a full day of customers and polite smiles.
It should be ok to test in the evening shouldn't it?

Anyways vent and stressing over with......kind of lol

Good luck everyone else on their BFP ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Personally I always used first morning urine. They do recommend that on the tests if you are testing early.
Personally I would use First Response, they are very good. I bought a CB Digi and it failed on me, and probably wouldnt bother with them again. I am sure many of the ladies have their favourites and will give you their opinion.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Hi, I have the same dilemma. Was told by the clinic to use Clear Blue, non digital, but by the sounds of it the First Responce could be more sensitive so I might get that one.

Good luck for the 23rd, my test date is 15th and I'm stressing sooooo much. x

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies and its good to know we share the same opinion on clear blue.
I tried one about 6 or 7 years ago now before I knew I had preg problems and it gave me a very faint + you really had to hold it up to the light to see it and then you question whether you are or not?  So £10 down the drain and still no real answer.  The next day I went and got an asda own brand double pack for around the same money in my dinner hour and clear as day BFP on both tests.
Looked on amazon and first response is on offer so think I'll order them up.  And hey if all else fails I'll nip down to trusty asda lol

Good luck for next week
xxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
You said you wanted to test in the evening rather than the morning, what you can do is wee in a pot - like one from the doctors or just a clean pot and then test using it in the evening.

Personally I used a first response as they show up earliest I believe, but I also had a clearblue digital for using if I got a positive on the forst response. Theres nothing like seeing it in words but by using the first response first you're avoiding the risk of seeing not pregnant!  ;D

·
Registered
568 Posts
Morning girls

Im a self confessed serial tester and still am and im seven weeks pregnant (I keep checking).  Well in my life time I have bought so many pregnancy test that I could have bought a twin buggy by now!!  From my experience I read on here somewhere about superdrug own brand test beings very good.  I also found them to be very sensitive and accurate and the best news is they are only 2 x 2 packs for only £8 (they run this offer regularly and I think it is still on).  I also uses first response which are also very good and I used two CB digital this cycle.  To be honest why be out on expense when the cheaper ones are just as good?

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi ladies,
Just reading through as I'm testing on Wednesday and have yet to purchase said sticks!!

Boots are doing a BOGOF on 1st response single and twin packs at the mo so I'm off in there in my lunch break tomorrow to pick some up (I'll be the one acting like a teenager in case anyone sees me!)

Good luck to you all and I hope the dreaded sticks show the result we all want!
FP.x

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good luck sunbeam for tomorrow.....thats if you haven't already given in to the temptation.

BFP all the way xxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks daxcat for idea on saving morning urine and testing later, that prob what I'll do and if I don't like the result I will blame it on being too old and stail and test again the next day ;D xxx

·
Registered
568 Posts
Thanks Lanivetlady and good luck for the 23rd...... ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^  for a BFP for you!!!!

·
Registered
12,048 Posts
CB digital for me, when I was pregnant with a BHCG of 297on OTD First Response said negative!!! I did complain for the distress and they sent me a tenner back- but I rang their helpline and ran to the clinic for a BHCG in tears, as it was the same urine sample in a pot with both brands!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.