Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new to this. Just been refused NHS treatment and we are now looking for a private Clinic. Really don't understand the differences between the clinics.

Any advice would be appreciated  :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hi Sarah.
Can i ask why you were refused NHS treatment?

We are starting at the liverpool womens soon and i know lots of women who are pregnant from there, but the clinical director from there said that whichever clinic u have tx at, if u are meant to become pregnant you will, so good luck and hope u make a choice ur happy with xxx

·
Registered
485 Posts
Hi Sarah,

Where abouts are you? I am have been NHS and Private at the Countess of Chester and can't rate them highly enough. Most NHS clinics also offer private treatment so it is just a case of seeing what clinics are in your local area or how far you are willing to travel for a specific centre. It is also worth going to the hfea website as they will let you know what clinics are in your area.

Hope this helps

Kestra x x

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi
Thanks for the replies.
We were turned down as i have a low AMH and because this means my chance of success is low, my PCT won't fund us  :(. We were at St Mary's in Manchester, but to be honest we have received very mixed advice there and have not been too happy. We live near Blackpool so Manchester or Liverpool would be nearer, but i would be willing to travel if it meant more of a chance of success  :)
I will have a look at the hfea...

Good luck to you both too

Sarahxxx

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi Sarah

I'm trying to decide on which clinic too.  We've just moved from near Nottingham, so it's now too far to the clinic where we have been treated.  We've had two fresh ICSI cycles and 1 FET, all unsuccessful.  Geographically, the nearest clinics to us now are CARE Manchester, St Mary's and Manchester Fertility Services.  Have you looked at any of them?

I think Liverpool would be too far away for us, and I'm not sure about Chester.  I'd be grateful to hear how far you've got in the process.

M

1 - 5 of 5 Posts