Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,

hope ive got the right board for this

im am taking provera from day 5 to 25 as my consultant has diagnosed endometrial hyperplasia

i started bleeding on sun but then it stopped in the afternoon, then started again on monday morning.

am not sure whether to count sunday or monday as day 1

normally id have counted sunday as day 1 but because it stopped im now not so sure

hope someone can help

greengirl

·
Registered
7,317 Posts
day 1 is normally the day you wake up bleeding so say you start halfway through a day it doesn't count the following day is day 1 when you wake up bleeding red blood.  ^hugme^

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
day 1 is fresh red bleeding before 3pm anything after that time the next day is CD1 but i can see your dilema if you stopped bleeding halfway through the day + this advice dont really help, i think i would count sunday as CD1 + on the safe side i would contact GP/con for advice but hey someone who has been on provera may have had similar issues + have more advice for you

xxx

·
Registered
408 Posts
hi greengirl,

i would say count sunday as day 1 as long as the bleeding was red and a decent flow and wasn't just spotting.  my af sometimes seems to stop and start a bit and can be heavy for a few hours then light for the rest of the day.  (having said that, my acupuncturist is always happier when it's a more steady bleed.)  i've never heard that day 1 is only the day you actually wake up bleeding, or that it has to be before 3pm.  surely, if you start at 4pm but have a lot of bleeding, that's a full 8 hours of af before midnight so discounting it doesn't make sense to me!  ???

hope you work it out.  :)

wishing x

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
it is all very confusing but according to my clinic + many others too you need full flow fresh bleeding before mid afternoon for it to be classed as CD1, some clinics may vary with their info but i have always gone by this for all bloods, for taking clomid + other drugs getting ready for DR

xxx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts