Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I haven't got twins myself so excuse me if that's the wrong place to post but I thought as most of you are Mums and Dads to twins, triplets or more you might be able to help me  :)

My 4 year old dd has been invited to her friends birthday party in a couple of weeks.  The girls are identical twins who will be 4: my question is what do you buy twins: the same or different toys, same but different colors, or a board game they can play together??  ???  Sorry to sound so stupid  :-[  And if you have any suggestions as to what I could buy for 4 year old twin girls please let me know.

Sam xx

·
Premium Member
2,001 Posts
Hi

I really hope that my two never receive joint presents they are two individuals. I feel that any other siblings dont share cards and presents so why should my two just because they were born one the same day. So seperate cards are a must as for presents I have a great idea!! ELC have an offer on at the mo on two great games for toddlers it a martians game that when you buy that you get another one free, will try and find the link!

Hope this help and I dont sound stroppy, i did not mean too!

Here you go! http://www.elc.co.uk/ViewPromotion.php?promotion_id=467

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.UK or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Toni,

No you didn't sound stroppy it's very useful and that's a great idea, the only thing I was worried is that they would argue over the toys if they were different  ???  As I know my dd sometimes quibbles over toys and things with my antenatal girlfriends children (they all are about the same age 6 weeks from the oldest to the youngest  :)

Sam xx

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Hi samia

I personally would always prefer my two to have similar toys but in a different colour because there is just way too much fighting otherwise.  Having said that, I also asked for an easel between my 2 as there didn't seem much point in getting 2 of them and then my friend who bought this also wrapped up 2 parcels of paints/markers so they also had one present each to open individually.

I would also ask the twin's mum if she could give you any suggestions - I much prefer when my friends ask me as that way you can get something that they will use and not duplicate what they may have already. 

Oh and def seperate cards!!

Hope that helps

Amanda x

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
I absolutely agree with the others; separate cards/presents for separate children!!!  However, like Amanda, there are certain 'big' presents that make good joint gifts, like toy kitchens or playtents etc. 

Personally I don't want people to buy my girls the same things; I'd rather they had completely different things and learned to share them.  I'm also very conscious of the girls being given the same toy, and Josh being the 'odd one out', so as far as I'm concerned, it's three different things for three different children.

xx Clare

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
Hi,
I agree with Amanda about same toys of a different colour (if it's a toy they should both have - like a toy buggy or doll), but never the exact same thing. I also agree with Clare about teaching them to share as well!
My girls usually receive similar things in different colours as most people are now aware there is no fighting when they know who's is who's! I usually buy different things for twins myself though
Jane
xx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts