Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all!

So I'm just about to start the task of finding a sperm donor to start our family. I have decided that it is important to us to see an adult photo of the donors.  So far only Xytex and Fairfax seem to offer this. Has anyone else done further research and have any idea who else offers this?

any tips would be hugely appreciated

Sophie

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Plaid said:
Hi all!

So I'm just about to start the task of finding a sperm donor to start our family. I have decided that it is important to us to see an adult photo of the donors. So far only Xytex and Fairfax seem to offer this. Has anyone else done further research and have any idea who else offers this?

any tips would be hugely appreciated

Sophie
Think these are only ones offering this.

What I will say is that I used ds and initially I also wanted to see the donor as an adult. However when I got my bfp it was with ds that i only had a child photo.

Now lo is here I am so glad that this is the case as I cannot think that my lo takes after the donor as I have no idea! During treatment and pregnancy this was not something that I pondered but after birth when people say baby looks like such and such I did think about it and was relieved that I don't have a clue.....
Just another PoV to consider.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. That is something worth considering...
I just don't like the idea of having no idea what they look like. In case they have massive chin/ weird ears etc  :)
x P

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Plaid said:
Thank you. That is something worth considering...
I just don't like the idea of having no idea what they look like. In case they have massive chin/ weird ears etc :)
x P
Look on the bright side if lo ends up with weird ears/nose etc - it could be throwback to your past ancestors! And that's how I look at anything atm which doesn't jump out as 'my side' though usually someone pipes up that Uncle Wotsit had xxxx like those!

Good luck choosing - it was a military campaign for me - used to sit in the garden sipping tea trying to decide lol!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Hi Plaid,
I think there is one in California that also has adult photos. I'm not sure exactly what the name of it is sorry. Did you choose a donor from over there? can I ask if you got special transportation or just let sperm bank send it out with DHL or equivalent?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts