Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm following GF's weaning plan, which is working really well so far (into the 2nd week now).  I plan to give Thomas a bit of yogurt for breakfast shortly, now that his appetite is growing.

Which type of yogurt should I get?  I know lots of people use Little Star, Petit Filou etc.  However, don't these have added sugar???  I was planning on getting a big tub of full fat natural yogurt and then mix it with home-made fruit purees as and when I use it.  Is this OK??? 

I would imagine it works out cheaper too, rather than buying all those little baby-sized pots.

All advice greatly received.

Katy x

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
I've heard people use greek or natural yogurt mixed with fruit puree so sure it would be fine

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Full fat natural yoghurt will be fine  :)  Yeo Valley and Rachel's also do organic ones for children which have less sugar in them than PF etc.  I now give A the Yeo Valley strawberry smoothie ones as they are slightly larger pots but don't have bits in (he still spits the bits out!  ^idiot^  ;D)  Just make your fruit purees quite smooth - it's amazing how they can sort out a lump from a mouthful of food and manage to spit it out  ;D  ;D  ^idiot^

Fluffs xxx

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
I use either full fatnatural yoghurt with fruit puree or Little Stars.  I find a lot of other 'baby' yoghurts are full of sugar.  I also really really like Yeo Valley Organic and Rachel's - I just wish they did baby/toddler friendly small pots!

Marie xxx

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
I like Yeo Valley organic - either fruit tumble or strawberry tumble - they are smooth. When Ethan was very young I used Mums 4 which only have natural sugar which are quite runny. When your LO gets a bigger appetitie Rachels organic are good too but quite big pots. The more commercial kiddies ones with characters on the packaging have sugar in them.

I think mixing your own (natural yoghurt and home made purees) is great at home but the shop bought ones are handy for when you are out.

Nicky x

·
Registered
1,655 Posts
Just to echo everyone else I use either natural greek yogurt with pureed fruit or little rachels. My wee man polishes off the whole pot he loves them!! xx

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just a quick update ... I've tried and tried with natural / greek yogurt and fruit puree, but he just won't take it.  I'm now resigned to Little Stars, at least for the time being!  At least they're on special offer in Sainsburys this week  ;D

K x

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
hello

may I ask one question re the size of the pots. James is getting older but he is still a baby. When you open a pot one day , do you give your baby yogurt from the same pot the next day and the day after or just over 2 days. So far I have given it to him only on the day I open it and I finish it myself,

Thanks

Steph

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I gave mine natural full fat with a bit of honey mixed in they loved it but I think you have to be over one for that.  They still eat it now :)

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Ooh  might try that with M....

·
Registered
5,661 Posts
Sorry to jump in, but I noticed the comment about adding honey.  Shouldn't honey be avoided for little ones?  I forget..I think maybe once they hit one year old its ok.

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Yes - its 12 months.  I think there some bacteria in it that can be dangerous for little ones.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I give Molly Little Stars, they are alot better than Petit Filous. She loves them!

x

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Katy if you shop in Sainsbury's they do their own kid's range fromage frais - with no sugar, they're yummy

I also use greek yoghurt with mushed banana at home or Rachel's no sugar yoghurts.

Claire x

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
I think honey contains botulism but it's ok once a little immunity is built up hence the not until 12mths thing  :)

Fluffs xxx

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
my boy loves rachael's baby organic yoghurts.  as for frommage frais, the only brand that i can find without any added sugar is little dish.  i can only find it at waitrose but it's verynatural - no sugar and ideal from 6 months plus xx

·
Premium Member
4,304 Posts
We use Little Stars.

Just be aware if giving adult type yogurt such as Muller that a lot of them contain artificial sweetners which are not good at all.

L xx

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
I've just started bringing little stars to work for my lunch as they are much more natural than 'grown up' yogurts!  Artificial sweeteners are the worst - i save my dose for my diet coke, which i find impossible to give up!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts