Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - I was I thought 10 maybe 11 weeks pg, went for a scan to be told it was only the size of 6 weeks and no heartbeat found. Also told I would have to wait 10 days for another scan (if I didn't miscarry)
Why can't I just (if no heartbeat) move on and decide what to do (D&C) why do I have to wait 10 days?
This is torture  :'( :'(
What options will I be given on Friday after scan (if I haven't miscarried)?

Down but definitely not out Carol xx

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
Hi,

I'm so sorry hun, I had this in December, and it's awful.  They will just want to wait just in case anything has changed in those 10 days.  I know it's torture waiting, because you just want to put it behind you now, but on Friday, they may offer you tablets to make you miscarry yourself , or they will offer you a D&C.

Let me know if you want to chat,

emilycaitlin xx

·
Premium Member
6,142 Posts
No, usually, (and this differs in different hospitals) you take a tablet and go home, and are given an appointment in 48 hours time to come back and be rescanned to see if everything has gone, and if nothing has happened, you will be in hospital for that day and be given some pessaries to try to make everything happen that day for you,

let me know how it goes,

emilycaitlin xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.