Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Peter, I hope you had a nice time in Canada.

Well here I am to bother you again, I wondered if you could help me please.
I have had 4 attempts at IUI all neg and it turned out after further tests that sperm wasn't surviving after 24 hrs so it had all been a waste of time.

I then had to have laser traetment for some abnormal cells after a routine smear so we put further treatment on hold.

We then had our first attempt at IVF in Jan/Feb and got 10 eggs, 3 fertalized, one 5 cell grade 2. one 4 cell grade 2 and a 3 cell grade 3. I had the 5&4 put back tested on day 10 and got a +++ stronger the next day but then started to bleed and af came.

I have just had ICSI and got 14 eggs, 7 were mature enough to use and got 6 fertalised. I had one grade 1 4 cell and one grade 1 2 cell put back. Tested on day 9 and got a faint ++ tested on day 10 and got a very strong ++ but am now bleeding so the same thinh has happened, why is this?
It has really hit me hard now and I'm doubting as to wether I can carry a baby? What advise can you give me and what should I ask my clininc on my appt?

Thank you so much for your help you are a true ^angel^^

Love Clarex

·
Registered
856 Posts
Clare said:
Hello Peter, I hope you had a nice time in Canada.

Well here I am to bother you again, I wondered if you could help me please.
I have had 4 attempts at IUI all neg and it turned out after further tests that sperm wasn't surviving after 24 hrs so it had all been a waste of time.

Sperm survival tests can be misleading, I wouldn;t worry too much about it.

I then had to have laser traetment for some abnormal cells after a routine smear so we put further treatment on hold.

Sorry to hear that

We then had our first attempt at IVF in Jan/Feb and got 10 eggs, 3 fertalized, one 5 cell grade 2. one 4 cell grade 2 and a 3 cell grade 3. I had the 5&4 put back tested on day 10 and got a +++ stronger the next day but then started to bleed and af came.

That's a pity!

I have just had ICSI and got 14 eggs, 7 were mature enough to use and got 6 fertalised. I had one grade 1 4 cell and one grade 1 2 cell put back. Tested on day 9 and got a faint ++ tested on day 10 and got a very strong ++ but am now bleeding so the same thinh has happened, why is this?

If inly we knew!! Are you taking progesterone? This is very important. If you are using pessaries you could try injections next time. You could also consider asking for aneuploidy screening of embryos and also chormosomal studies on the sperm. Any or all of these might shed some light on the problem.

It has really hit me hard now and I'm doubting as to wether I can carry a baby?

No reason to think that, it's very early days in your treatment and a good clinic will persevere and sort you out.

What advise can you give me and what should I ask my clininc on my appt?

See above

Good luck!

Peter

Thank you so much for your help you are a true ^angel^^

Love Clarex

1 - 2 of 2 Posts