Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this is my first posting.
I am a 34 year old, been married many years and never really thought being a mother was the be all and end all, until i was told that i have hypothyroidism and pcos and i dont ovulate.

I also have a polyp which i am going to have removed and have been put on four tablets a day.  I dont smoke, rarely drink (mainly cause live in the middle of nowhere and usually have to drive).  I work hard hard and always try to enjoy life.  And the only medication i have ever taken is paracetamol.

So WHY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,838 Posts
Hi
Welcome to this site :) :).
I hope it helps you out, as it has done for hundreds, infact thousands of girls and boys going through the same feelings as you.

So many of us have asked the same question "Why me" ??, wish I knew why, but I don't...................

I want to wish you all the best and hope that one day your dream will come true

Take care
Jo
x x x

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Hi there,

Theres no good reason just bad luck. You just think it will be easy (as it seems to be for others) and its pretty devastating to find that you have a problem.

There are options and lots of support though which I've found to be a lifeline.

Wishing you success in achieving your dream.

lol

Edna

·
Registered
173 Posts
l have just read your message and sat hear and remember l asked myself that question. unfortunately l could not answer that myself. but somebody said something to me that really made me think .

That god only gave this problem to couples that can cope because they are special couples like yourselves ^rainbow^ ^fairydust^

l hope that everything works out for you .

(((( hugs)))))

Bell

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hiya

After reading your message I thought, Yep been there thought that!

Its not easy and I think that if you suffer with any problems you will always think like that, it human nature

I wish you loads of luck.
Take Care

Nikki  :)

·
Premium Member
1,980 Posts
Hi Whitney

I think when you first discover you have a problem is one of the hardest times in the whole infertility journey and we all ask the 'Why me' question. 

I hope you get lots of support and advice from this site. It has really helped me cope over the years and I have made some fantastic friends through the site who have really enriched my life.

Try to be positive, you have time on your side still and there is so much help for women like us these days. As you will see from the success stories on this site alot of people do end up becoming parents despite the obstacles.

Good luck to you

Nicky x

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
bell i defiantly agree with this
That god only gave this problem to couples that can cope because they are special couples like yourselves

like the others say it is hard and devastating when you find out you have a fertility problem you will get through thing and you will find all the help and suppot you will need hear  ^Cuddle^

love baby wisper

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Hi and welcome to FF,

You'll get loads of support here. We all understand the "why me?" train of thought....believe me, I have it every day! Just wondered...where abouts are you on a tropical island?!....
Take care and wishing you all the luck in the world...

xxx

·
Premium Member
14,889 Posts
Hi
if you look at the top of the screen you'll see there's well over 10,000 of us on this site and we have all probably asked ourselves the very same question at some point.  It's nothing to do with how you've lived your life or whether you're deserving or not, it's just infertility and it's horrible.  I'm sending you hugs, I know exactly how you feel.  I never thought being a mum was the be all and end all either, until I couldn't do it and then I couldn't think about anything else, it all seemed so unfair.

No one's saying that you won't find it really tough going through infertility and treatment, but we are now your fertility friends and we're here to help you. I hope you will find that the journey, whilst very difficult, can also be a very enriching experience and you and your husband can come out of it stronger - like everyone else says - it makes you special.  ;)
And I really hope you'll come out with that much wanted baby -the dream can come true. 

Best of luck,
Claire xx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.