Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Ben is now 24 weeks, & has been eating solids since 15 1/2 weeks, but from Sunday, he has been refusing to eat his dinners. I thought it was because he might have gone off a certain food, so i started to give it to him as seperate veggies to try to find the one he didn't like anymore. But he is still refusing to eat it. All he does is pull faces & move the food around inside his mouth!! Please, if anyone has any advise on why this has happened or how to get him to eat again i would be grateful.
He did have a bad belly today, won't mention how bad his nappy was!!!! Do you think this is why he has been off his food??
Karen & Benjamin

·
Premium Member
6,719 Posts
Hi Karen

I'm no expert .. but please try not to worry.

Sounds like he might have a little bit of a dodgy tummy to me, so long as Ben is taking fluids he will be ok for a couple of days without much solid food whilst his tummy clears up.

My neice used to stop eating when she had a bad tummy etc. If it carries on then take him to the docs .. but I am sure Ben will be ok.

Love
Dee
xxx

·
Registered
129 Posts
Karen

Babies are like animals, when they feel off colour they stop eating and let the body heal. As long as he is drinking and happy in himself, give it a few days then see your GP if he is not eating again. It is a worry I know, but I suspect the nappy says it all!!

Ain't Dee clever - she's gonna be a great MUM one day.

Jane

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your reassurances, i thought it might be his belly!! He still refused brekkie today, but i have a suspision his belly isn't right yet judging from the smells coming from his botty!!(sorry!!)

Karen & Benjamin

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
Hi Karen

Not Nice!!!! His appetite prob wont pick up until his poos have returned to normal.

Fluids are really important.

Offer little and often meals as oppossed to 3 times a day to gradually get him and his tummy back into the feeding routine. Reduce amount of fibre in his diet.

It may take a few days for his appetite to return, just make sure he drinks plenty (mind the fruit juice) and has smaller meals.

Good luck!

Love

Jeanette

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Jeanette

He will not drink juice, but does drink water. I only give him veggies at the moment, with pear or apple puree for pud. He has just had 3 ounces of milk, & fallen to sleep while drinking, so i will try him with some dinner later.
What can cause a tummy bug?? I sterilise everything, so i don't think it can be that.

Karen & Benjamin

·
Premium Member
8,035 Posts
Karen - I don't think all tummy bugs are just caused from food. I think they can be air borne viral infections too, or he may have gotten it from putting something in his mouth that was infected. Who knows ???

It's worrying when they go off their food. Jack doesn't eat properly for days when he's got a cold/temperature, and I hate it, but so long as the fluids are going in, then he'll be fine. It's even more worrying when they're not able to talk and tell you why they don't want food, and I know you're at the stage where every weight gain for Ben is important to you, but I'm sure he'll be back to his usual self once his bottom is better and not eating for a few days won't cause any harm :)

Love

J xxx

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi

Things are starting to look better. Bens tummy seems better, & although he wont eat home made veggies at the moment...just swirls it around in his mouth, he has started to eat the jars/tins. It's better than not eating, so i am happier today.

Karen & Benjamin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts