Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello today i had 10,000 of pregnal to ovulate. Will i def ovulate or can some people need a higher dose. I have been told to get progestorone bloods done next wednesday to check, does this sound right or should i have the bloods done sooner? Not sure if see got mixed up and meant this wednesday (1 day after triger) or next wednesday (6 days after trigger)

please help :) :) xxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Yes, the 10,000 IU of Pregnyl should trigger ovulation.  You should ovulate around 36 hours after the injection.  You shouldn't need a higher dose....the dose you've been given is pretty much the standard...some women do have slightly lower but what you've been prescribed sounds perfectly fine.

Progesterone is tested to check that you've ovulated....and this ideally should be done 7 days past ovulation as this is when it peaks.  If you had the injection today (Tuesday) then having your progesterone tested next Wednesday sounds about right as this will be 8 days past having the trigger.

If you have any queries then you should always contact your clinic as that's what they're there for.

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, thats put my mind at rest :) :) :)

I always seem to find a new thing to worry about  ^idiot^ ^idiot^ ^idiot^.

xxxxxxxxxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.