Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm desperate for some advice  :-\ After a failed HyCoSy (to check my tubes) as my cervix was in a tricky position I was referred in for a lap and dye with possible ovarian drilling too. I was devastated as is just more delays and I was worried over having the operation and the general anesthetic. Fortunately they were able to book me in for 5 weeks after my hycosy, 20th December. As my periods are really irregular as I have PCOS I contacted the clinic a week after they booked me in for the lap and dye, i.e. 4 weeks before op date, to ask if I should take provera to bring about a bleed before the operation as had read that they can't do the lap and dye while you're on af. Clinic phoned me back a week later...  ^bigbad^ By then it was a case of 'wait and see and hope you don't get a natural af' or 'take the tablets which may end up giving you af at the wrong time'. Great, thanks for the haste in calling me back clinic!

Anyway, my temperature rose about 10 days ago and as I have a short luteal phase it meant my period would be due around operation time  :( Not a lot I could do except hope it arrived well before, or held off until the day later operation. I've been getting worse and worse af pains and went to toilet about an hour ago and had tiniest spot of palest mucus pink spotting  :'( I sometimes get days of spotting before proper af starts, but sometimes I don't.

Does anyone have any experience in this? I'll call the hospital in the morning to speak to the fertility nurses and ask but will they do the lap and dye test if I have intermittent and very light spotting (assuming I'm still like this and no heavier by 10am when I'm due in to theatre)?? I'd be really grateful for any advice at all to try and calm me down a bit.

Thanks xx

·
Registered
934 Posts
i had lap Ovarian drilling in september..... id had spotting onn and off(more like a blood stained discharge... sorry if TMI!!!!), for about a week before..... i too was worried about the possibility of them cancelling the op, i phoned the ferrtility nures and they said providing it wasnt "full on" AF then they would go ahead...... luckily for me it never got any worse, and i was able to go ahead. I wasnt having the dye test atthe same time so everything was done abdominally, not internally.... wether it would make a difference or not, im not sure..... id def give the nurse a ring to double check...........Fingers crossed it doesnt get any heavier, and hopefully they wiiil procede!!!!

Im now about 15 weeks after having the ovarian drilling.... and just had my first natural period in 8 years, wether or not it was due to the OD or not im not sure.... only time will tell, if they become regular.

Wishing you lots of luck
Amy x

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Amy, thanks so much for replying :)

I actually got more like a blood stained discharge as you described then, rather than spotting as such, but the cramps and backache are still there as much as earlier today so I've no idea what to expect  :-\ I expect a sleepless night up and down to the toilet all night!

Fingers crossed it can go ahead tomorrow... I'll update on here to let you know if it went ahead or not, especially as it might be useful for others wanting to know the outcome!

Good luck with your periods settling down and leading to a bfp :) xx

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Morning

My af arrived the morning of my lap and dye, I was gutted. I still went and told the nurses and they said it was fine and the lap and dye still went ahead as normal  :)

Good luck xx

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Mal :)

I found the same thing, luckily! My pinky discharge had gone by the morning of the op - until I had a wee on route to theatre! I'd told lots of nurses but didn't see the consultant until I was in the pre op room so was even sure then whether it would go ahead, eek! I spoke to him and he said that as long as it wasn't the heaviest day of bleeding it was fine to go ahead, yey!  ;D

So all that worrying for nothing - it went ahead as planned and I was just so relieved when I came round in recovery :) My tubes were both clear, everything else looked fine, they didn't need to do the cervical dilation and they drilled both of my ovaries. So I'm calling them in the new year to book in for first IUI appointment so feel like things are moving forwards again which is the best Christmas present :)

Thanks again for your comments - they really helped when I was feeling so low xx Merry Christmas :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts