Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found out yesterday I'm pregnant and due to return to work on Tuesday.  My manager and close colleagues are aware that we've been through IVF and know that I'm pregnant.  Do I need to arrange a meeting with manager with regards to risk assessments etc?

·
Registered
7,783 Posts
when you officially announce your pgy they are meant to do this although mine was a bit of a joke tbh.... 

as your manager knows about it anyway I say speak to them as early as you want to - if you have a desk job get yourself a really good footrest!

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mines mainly lap top based work in the NHS but when attending meetings to discuss patient care we have to take a shopping trolley of notes through the hospital corridors and outside to another building, just a bit worried that;s all.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
My work did a risk assessment at 8 weeks, and I'm due to have another this week.  They should cover the point about the trolley.  If not, bring it up yourself.  Take care,

Tracy xxx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
As soon as you tell your employer you are pregnant they have a duty of care to you and legally have to do a risk assessment. Mind you, I say HAVE to but mine never bothered - when I mentioned my risk assessment that hadn't happened the reply was "what's that?" and this wasn't some small company, it was a huge employer with 5000+ staff!!

Definitely bring up anything you aren't happy about.

Chux xx

·
Premium Member
13,830 Posts
Congrats on your BFP.

I didnt tell my employers till i was 11 weeks and then they did a risk assessment but i am in a very manual handling job. I am allowed to do single house calls and double up calls where 2 people use the hoist but i am not allowed to do the single hoist calls as pushing the hoists across a carpet is too much work. I do a lot of lifting as well but i feel ok about it at the moment. Think they will do another assessment and may move me to the office but i dont want too!

Kate xx

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
First of all congrats on your BFP.

Employers are now legally obliged to do a health and safety risk assessment. I had mine yesterday. I have a desk based job and quite frankly some of it is a waste of time, however, it is important that it is done and that any issues are flagged. It's up to you when you ask for the assessment but as your boss already knows already about the pregnancy, you may as well get the ball rolling - as the sooner it's done the better in terms of you not being exposed to unnecessary risks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts