Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 378 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New home for all you chatty Winter Mommies (December 2006, January, February, March 2007..........or thereabouts!). ;D

[size=12pt]Winter 2006/07 Babies

[size=12pt]
Shas - 09/12/06 - Liam Gordon Robert - 4lb 10oz - C-section - 6 weeks early

Smurfs - 11/12/06 - Thomas - 8lb 7oz

Honeybun16- 15/12/06 - Jayden - 7lb 2oz - Planned C-section

Mahria - 17/12/06 - Iman - 8lb - natural birth

Blu - 19/12/06 - Charlie Matthew - 8lb 5oz - Ventouse - 3 days early

Fluffs - 20/12/06 - Alexander Thomas - 9lb 11oz - Emergency c-section after failed ventouse

~SUGAR~- 22/12/06 - Lola - 6lb 9oz - Elective C-section

*Loubie*- 11/01/07 - Benjamin William Ypres - 8lb 8oz - Crash c-section - 9 days early

Millers (Cathy) - 14/01/07 - Luke - 6lbs 11oz - Emergency c-section - 3 weeks early

Amee - 19/01/07 - Leela - 7lb 1oz - natural birth - 6 days late

Surfgirl - 24/01/07 - Thomas Leo - 11lb - C-section after failed inducation - 13 days late!!!!

Elemnat (Elaine) - 24/01/07 - Alfie - 6lb 15oz

Clare_w - 25/01/07 - Isabel Mae Wood - 7lb 14oz - Ventouse delivery - 9 days late!

Deb30 - 25/01/07 - Hannah Susanne - 6lbs 15oz - Ventouse delivery - 3 days late

Allysidey - 27/1/07 - Amelia Poppy - 7lb 7oz - Forceps delivery - 9 days late!

Jayne - 01/02/07 - Alfie Thomas - 8lb 4oz - Nice natural birth with just gas & air - induced 4 days early due to mummy's stomach conditions

caz - 01/02/07 - Benjamin - 8lb 7oz

Nu2 - 01/02/07 - Alannah Mary - 5lb 13oz - 36 hrs labour, pethidine, gas & air and epidural with natural delivery

Moodycat - 03/02/07 - Daniel James - 7lb 12oz

Auntietigger (Toni) - 8/02/07 - Alexandria Elizabeth - 7lb - Elective C-section due to Longitudinal breech presentation

twiggy (Kirsty) - 10/02/07 - Caelan Scott Gourlay - 8lb 1/2oz - 57cm long - 14 hr labour, episiotomy, no pain relief

Emlejai1973 - 13/02/07 - Keira Rose - 8lb 8oz - Forceps delivery - 3 days early

Sarahh - 14/02/07 - Millie Abigail - 8lb 8oz - 12 days late

Honey Bunny - 15/2/07 Leon George - 9lb 15oz - Natural delivery - 10 days late, measured 42 weeks at 39 week check up

fudge_06 - 21/02/07 - McKenzie - 7lb 3oz - Natural birth

Lea-Anne (baby whisper) 23/03/07 - Emmie Mae - 7lb 1oz

Gailp - 29/03/07 - Katie Hope - 6lb 15oz

Please shout if anyone wants adding to the list. xx

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I feel like a kid everytime a new thread is started..its a race to get first innit!!?  ;D ;D 

how are you Clare...Ive not been on ages as hectic  :eek:....Ls scan went well, Dr reckons all looks good but seeing cons weds...wierd how we went aboue the head and now she is having tummy US!!  ^idiot^  oh well..as long as they rule everthing out Im happy!! 

x

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
At least they giving L a full check up ruling things out.  Better go Bel singing to get up

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
Amee - hope the scan results come back clear ^reiki^

Clare - I haven't done Ben's footprints yet, will try and do them on Monday when DH is at work, I think DD will be home most of the day (she only has to go to school for exams now, she's only got 3 left) I'll let you know how I get on!

Hello to everyone else, hope you're all having a lovely weekend.  I'm bored, DH is in bed (on nights tonight), S & G are in their rooms and Ben's just gone to bed....I should be chilling out but I'm on edge I don't know why....

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Its because you are sooo used to being busy Loubie  :eek:  , me too...I mean I should be sat on the sofa with DH (yep, he is back) and chilling but no, Im in the kitchen m then here...but have decided to have DH time wiht telly...off to order takeaway pizza and chill...and nice cold glass of diet coke!! ...hmmmm  why dont u sit yourself down with a nice glass of vino and watch saturday nite crap!!  ;)

nite all, will try and do personals tomorrow if I can...got to go shopping and DH needs new suit for interview Tues!!

Axxx  :-*

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Loubie- as Amee says its prob as you have been so busy this last week,  you suddenly have the chance to rest.  Would be really interested how you get on thinking about putting one inside the cards, thats when I can find my box with ink pads and embossing powders in!
Really going to try get on with the cards tomorrow but also want to go to Tesco get some huggies while they have 1/3rd off.

Feeling a bit numb now after reading 2nd Tri 2nd baby in a week born too soon

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Hi Everyone,

Clare -  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ Sorry theres been some very bad news on the TRI thread  ^hugme^

Amee - I wish DH spemt some time here today, he's beem with me at the party  ;D

Ally - Hope you and DH are well and spending some time together

Kirsty =Sorry, i MISsed your txt on meeting, had  a Birthday partay t0day, Hope you qnd C  ARE WELL

x DEBS X

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
hi everyone..

just looked at all our group members and most are Missing In Action (!).  Does anyone ever hear from anyone else?  I see Caz sometimes posting around the site. 

Clare - I got a duvet and toddler pillow for L from Ikea along with the covers.  Not sure if you can get them too - I'm going to buy a set extra to leave at mum's house for when he's over as he'll use the cot at their house for a long time yet as its big.

Off to watch a movie with DH I think.... Not sure what he wants too see, a horror I think and I'd prefer a chick flick!!  Speak to you all tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Chilli- how does L get on with them?? I'm scared about putting duvet on bed as she turns round etc but as I say she loves ours.  Need to go to Ikea at some stage anyway as just got an Ikea cot off freecycle for baby so thats beds sorted her crib for when small then the Ikea cot and Bel can keep her cotbed, so will have a look while I'm there.
On the missin in action,  I see Caz around the boards and she is on hol at the moment, Sugar is around too and I talk to Em but apart from that I'm not sure, oh and honeybun, whos taking some time out at the moment

·
Registered
2,429 Posts
I'm here....just rushed off my feet with a toddler...as most of you are  ;D

I do catch up on news most days.

I would love to meet up if it ever gets organised.

Em xx

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
Talking of meeting up, we never actually got anything sorted did we?! I'm a bit restricted with not being able to drive so if we ever do arrange something it would have to be easily accessible by train for me (I doubt DH would be interested unfortunately)

Debs - I'd love to meet up with you while we're in Scotland, I'll be in touch nearer the time :)

Ally - I doubt we'll be able to meet while we're in Newcastle in August as we're staying with friends and they've got outings planned for us, not sure where other than Durham, but I'll definitely try and come to the MetroCentre again before Christmas, and we'll meet up there if that's OK with you?

If anyone one else wants to meet up, get in touch!  I can get to Sheffield, Meadowhall, Doncaster, Manchester, York, Leeds...and probably quite a few other places so just shout!

It's glorious weather here today, not sure what we're going to do as DH was on nights so he's still in bed, but hopefully we'll be able to do something nice this afternoon...I fancy taking Ben down to the paddling pool in Cleethorpes but doubt DH will want to so we'll probably just stick with the paddling pool in the garden :)

Has anyone else got any plans?

xx

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
I'd love too,  Can do all the places Loubie mentioned, as we live close kind of! and Leeds is on my doorstep!  I can also travel more, I have said that at some stage will go up to Metro centre to meet Ally- now I'm off work we'll have to try get something sorted! but I also feel don't want to rub bump in anyones face which may be why no one has wanted to meet before.

Off to Tesco in a bit get some 1/3rd off Huggies if they have any left then I'm supposed to be getting some time to do cards but we will see Dh said will take Bel to park or something but I'll see it when it happens. 
She decided at 1am she was wide awake this morning laughing chatting etc in her cot banging on wall to us!  So got her up for a bit, think it was one of those night where she just couldn't sleep we all have them, she went back at 3am till 8.15 so her routine totally out today she normally back in bed at 9am!

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Hi Girls

Me and dh went out last night for a meal for our 5th wedding anniversary can't believe its been that long and almost 9 years in total - feel old ;D We had a nice time, meal was lovely and nice to have a few glasses of vino, dh did the night feed too and I'm not een hungover :)

I would love to meet up with everyone still, got my own car so really don't mind driving somewhere. Maybe Leeds is a good place as kind of in the middle and easier for the none drivers? Why don't we come up with some suggested dates??

Ok so here's a mini questionnaire for everyone to fill in about meeting up, then we can make a decision - add any more questions I've missed off too?

Can you do Leeds? - yes

If not suggested other destination? - No further than a 3 hr drive from Newcastle

drive or train? - drive

Midweek or weekend best? - midweek wed, thur or fri

What would we do - Lunch, Soft play, park?
- Any

Would you want to make it an over night/2 day thing? - I can stay at a friends in Harrogate

Suggested month/dates to meet? - August gives everyone time to prepare but I can be flexible

DH interested - no doubt it - sorry

Any other info: There is a chance I could get rooms at a Hilton for £26 per person although it's a bit rubbish as can only book a month prior to date and then each hotel releases staff rates at there own discretion so not always available.

Ooh I feel all bossy now, hope it hasn't come across that way ;D

Nice and sunny today might try and get out in the garden.

Ally
x

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
Good idea Ally! 

Here's my answers -

Can you do Leeds? - yes

If not suggested other destination? - Anywhere on a train route where I don't have to change more than once!

drive or train? - train

Midweek or weekend best? - midweek

What would we do - Lunch, Soft play, park? - Any

Would you want to make it an over night/2 day thing? - No, I would have to much to bring with me which would be difficult on the train!

Suggested month/dates to meet? - Doesn't matter to me, although I'm away mid August

DH interested - nope!

Any other info:  erm...can't think of anything!  Although can I add it doesn't bother me in the slightest if people have bumps!

:) x

·
Premium Member
25,868 Posts
Can you do Leeds? - yes- I live there near enough so I'm open as know its a long way for others

If not suggested other destination? - Same as Ally within in 2 hrs drive
drive or train? - Either- if Leeds would get train as cheaper for me than trying to park but would drive other places

Midweek or weekend best? - midweek

What would we do - Lunch, Soft play, park? - Any

Would you want to make it an over night/2 day thing? - Open to ideas will depend how close to popping I am!/ having a newborn

Suggested month/dates to meet? - Like the idea of july Aug other wise I'd have to say at least Oct, but know that wouldn't be good for others who are due around then

DH interested - probably not

Will add if Ally could get rooms the Hilton in Leeds is very central and for anyone coming by train right by station

·
Premium Member
7,184 Posts
Evening!  Sorry, have been out and about all day and now just done something stupid  :-[  My mum was over and asked me to do some highlights in her hair...  I did that ok with some foil etc as she only wanted a few and her hair is quite short  :)  However, there was loads of bleach left over so I thought sod this I'll put some on my grey roots  :-[ and give myself some random highlights....  Bad move, now look like a chav on a bad hair day as I have actually just about managed to make myself go ginger blond all over  :eek:  ???  :-[  Was light brown ish before hand so I suspect that tomorrow I will be using the box of dye I was going to use in the first place  ^idiot^  ???  ;D  ;D  ;D  Why o why do I do these things?  Guess it was a mad pg moment!!

Hope everyone has had a good day in the sun today?  I managed to burn my shoulders even though I only sat out in it for 30-45mins whilst having a cuppa at my brothers  ???  A has been in his paddling pool with his new sun suit on  :)

Not sure about a meet up as you guys are so much further north than me  :-\  Leeds is about 2-3hrs I guess...but maybe if we are visiting MIL sometime I could do it as it's not so far from there....  August is probably ok but any later than that I think i would be a bit jittery about travelling so far on my own...  DH is a maybe (he hates these things but does as he's told if he owes me a favour for something  ^idiot^  ;D  ;D )

Back in a bit, need to catch up as it's the first time I've made it on here today....

Fluffs xxx

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
I've finally been able to get the paddling pool out - I bought it weeks ago when we had that nice spell and it was cold and rainy from the very next day!!

He wasn't too sure at first...but soon decided he liked it :) (Although I think he liked the mini milk even better!)

PS He's got a matching hat to go with his sun suit...if anyone can tell me how to persuade him to wear it for more than 2 seconds I'd be most grateful!

Fluffs, sorry but your hair story made me giggle - hope you get it sorted tomorrow! And if you're ever visiting MIL and want to meet up, let me know! Broughton is only about 20 mins from here and we could always tie it in with a visit to my step mum :)

1 - 20 of 378 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.