Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 407 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
^daisy^ Winter 2011 - Jun/July/Aug BFP's - Parents Place To Chat - Part 1 ^daisy^

^gossip^ ^gossip^ ^gossip^ ^gossip^

Congratulations on the arrivals of your beautiful babies and welcome to your new home!
I hope you will all be happy here and share all your wonderful journeys of becoming parents :)

Please do shout if i can help with anything

Liz xxxx

[csv]

Name, Pink or Blue, Child/ren, D.O.B

vicky1984, ^storkgirl^ ,Hannah, 30/12/10
minimay, ^storkboy^ , James, 04/01/11
sparkles29, ^storkboy^ , 'Lil Sparkles', 25/01/11
Panda, ^storkgirl^ & ^storkgirl^ , Zahra Grace & Elizabeth Rose , 29/01/11
Sprinkles, ^storkboy^ , ^baby^ , 01/02/11
Chux, ^storkgirl^ , "A", 02/02/11
Cat68, ^storkboy^ & ^storkboy^ , Aidan & Nathan, 03/02/11
Rusty06, ^storkboy^ , ^baby^ , 16/02/11
kizzymouse, ^storkgirl^ , Mollie Jean , 19/02/11
loubes, ^storkgirl^ , Maisie, 20/02/11
daisy22, ^storkboy^ , Noah, 21/02/11
mad margaret, ^storkboy^ & ^storkgirl^ , Benedict & Emily, 23/02/11
Peas10, ^storkboy^ , Bennett, 25/02/11
latortu, ^storkgirl^ , ^baby^ , /02/11
KimC, ^storkboy^ & ^storkgirl^ , Thomas & Isabella,
kateharts, ^storkboy^ & ^storkgirl^ , Zachary & Ava, 08/03/11
Jakoba, ^storkboy^ , Colin, 09/03/11
ashley1206, ^storkgirl^, Blossom, 09/03/11
suitcase of dreams, ^storkboy^ & ^storkboy^ , L & A, 11/03/11
✿Mal✿, ^storkgirl^ , ^baby^ , 13/03/11
MandMtb, ^storkboy^, Jacob George, 31/03/11
[/csv]​

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Guess it will be a couple of weeks before anyone joins me as I am sure Praying is very busy will travelling to see her LO at NICU at the moment, but can you add my details, Hannah was born 5 weeks early on 30/12/10

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
bookmarking - will be joining you on 1 Feb!

·
Premium Member
6,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Ladies  :)

Vicky many congratulations on the arrival of Hannah  ^hugme^

Panda i wish you all the best for the arrival of your little ones  ^hugme^

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi,

Am bookmarking too!

Panda, Vicky, Lizzy - will see you all here soon!  :)

sparkles29 xxx

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi all, sorry am off to bed but wanted to say a quick congrats to the new mummies!! 

Baby and I are both doing well, apparently stitches are doing well, baby too.
The major problem for me currently is that I did express yesterday and this morning but have decided to not go ahead any further (for reasons I will explain tomorrow). However, my breasts are SO painful now, I'm in so much pain and they are HUGE, they are rock solid and I can't lie on my side (on my back, the sciatica gets aggravated), so I think I will have a bad night. 

Anyone got any good ideas how to stop milk production quickly???

sparkles29

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Sparkles-Mine didnt get that bad  as hadnt managed to express much to get milk production up in the first place, but they were a bit sore and lumpy and the midwife just told me to wear a supportive bra and not to touch them/rub them at all, leave them well alone and eventually it will go. In the meantime I have heard cabbage leaves are good to put inside your bra to help with the soreness xxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Vicky,

Thanks for the advice. I used painkillers and cabbage leaves (Gosh, did they stink?!!!)  ;D
But all's better now, boobs no longer look Jordan-like! (I'm petite and small frame)!

Not long before all the mums move over here!

Hope you're doing well, saw the pics of Hannah - she is adorable!  :)

Sparkles xxx

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Hi ladies

bookmarking, hope you are all ok.

Big advocate of cabbage leaves.

Sprinkles x

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
Lizzy - can you add my two gorgeousnesses to the list please:  Zahra Grace and Elizabeth Rose born 29 January.  Cheers.

How are you doing Vicky, Sprinkles and Sparkles? 

I'm not getting much chance to come on FF right now as on 3 hourly feeds (super hungry babies) which normally take me an hour to hour and a half!!  My parents are here though which is a great help, although Dad seems to be a bit more of a hindrance at times!

Hope you are all well xx

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi Panda, feeling similar- sometimes my LO takes a while from beginning to end that as he can between 2.5-4hourly, I don't get much time either. Just managed to sneak in some crunchy nut cornflakes before he wakes again!
How are u doing? I know the feeling when it comes to family - lovely to have them there but sometimes I know I've felt 'if only I could do this without others help' however it's good that u have the support.
I might have to go GP's tonight as my stitch (the end bit where the knot is) is bleeding/red/seeping? Called midwife who suggested I go doctors, however - slight problem hubby at work, not allowed to drive and have a baby! Will hopefully organize something...

Oh well, hope u ok and hello to Vicky and Sprinkles!

Sparkles xxx

·
Registered
5,061 Posts
Hi ladies

Panda-Must take a lot out of you with twins, glad you have the support of your family xx

sparkles-Hope you are ok and manage to the GP, best to get it checked out

We are good here, Hannah is still suffering a lot with trapped wind, trying everything we can, but the poor thing still gets it a lot. My mums really been an angel having her some days for me so I can catch up on my sleep. Hubby helps with night feeds etc.

·
Premium Member
6,212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Panda & Sparkles i have added you to the list  :)

I hope your all adjusting to the madness that is motherhood! Any problems please shout

x x x

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Hi all,

Just running through quickly as planning to get an early night, but wanted to say to Sparkles to definitely go to the GP if you don't think things are right - I'm planning to try and see mine tomorrow as I'm having problems with the stitches and am prone to infections, but my midwife was useless and couldn't have been less interested if she tried!

Chux xx

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Hi ladies

Unfortunately I too havent had much chance to get on FF recently.  Hope you are all ok and coping with feeds and stuff. 

Hope your stitches are ok Sparkles and Chux and you dont have infection.  I must have had a very weird c section as I didnt have any external stitches, I was sown up on the inside, apparently different consultants do different things, very weird and I have quite a bumpy scar but it is going down.

Am still spending  most of my days in the SCBU where our little man is doing really well, had a little set back yesterday where his temp went quite down and we've spent most of last night and today getting it back up again.  The unit is amazing have made some really good friends and shared experiences, the nurses are brilliant, but there's also a lot of trauma and heartache which can really get to you sometimes, and makes me so grateful for what I have already.

Anyway need to get to bed, love to you all xxx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Sprinkles - I don't have external stitches either, it's an internal one that's stabbing me. :( Having said that, mine are obviously starting to dissolve and break up now as I'm getting bits poking through - I pulled one yesterday to see if it would come out but it didn't, it moved so far then stopped so obviously still attached to something inside. ;D ;D How is your recovery going? Do you have an idea of when your ds will be home with you?

How is everyone else doing?

Chux xx

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
:)  hello ladies  I can join you all now I'm a mummy  :)

Sprinkles - big hugs for you hunny - hope your precious boy is getting stronger every day  ^hugme^

I'm completely in love with our Mollie!!  :-* :-*

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Good to 'see' you over here Kizzy! Love the name too - dd1 was Mollie for a few days but in the end I decided it didn't sound right with our surname................I do like a lot of "M" names for girls though.

We've had the HV visit today which ended up being more a gossip session as she came out after ds2 was born too! She's coming back when A is 7 weeks to do her weight, height and head circumference ready for her 8 week check/jabs the following week which surprised me as last time I had to go to clinic..........saves me a trip though so not complaining. ;D

Hope all are well,

Chux xx

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
My stomach above c section scar is a bit swollen and has excess fluid ( was there when I was pregnant too ) and is now looking a bit red  ???  MW said redness is probably due to fluid pressing on skin when she looked at it yesterday.

I have MW coming round again tomorrow but just worried what else it could be?  ???  Scar is ok though so I suppose it's not too worrying .

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
Kizzy - How is the red now? Is it spreading at all? If it is then you should contact your midwife, maternity unit or out of hours GP just to be on the safe side. When I had dd1 I had something similar but the red spread. Thankfully I was still in hospital but I was checked regularly and they would draw lines around it so they could guage how much worse it had got, but I ended up on a cocktail of IV antibiotics as I had cellulitus.

Sorry, I hope this doesn't panic you and it may well be nothing, but do keep an eye and call someone if it gets worse.

Chux xx

1 - 20 of 407 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.