Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I only discovered this message board not long ago and have been reading a lot of posts over the last couple of days, whilst preparing myself for the stimming drugs which I should start taking at the end of this week - second ICSI attempt - the negative result of the first was really hard to take  :-[ :-[ :( but hey, life goes on, am feeling reasonable positive again and ready for another go...

Anyway, my question is, is there really a point in "changing" my lifestyle while stimming/2WW, i.e. giving up alcohol, tobacco (I only smoke about 1 a day), caffeine (I drink 1 cup of tea  a day), exercise,  if in the end it doesn't make any difference? Or does it? Help!!!

Lots of love and good luck to everyone

zuzzy

·
Registered
202 Posts
hi zuzzy i think its a personal decision wether to stop smoking etc i think only you know what feels right i know of a friend who gave up all lifes little luxury's and it failed and another who drank and smoked withen limits and got a positive i choose to give everything up when we were having treatment but it still failed whatever you decide hun i wish you all the best for this treatment and really hope you get a positive this time around best wishes paula ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^i have heard that it does increase your chances of sucess so maybe you could knock the ciggie off and im sure the odd glass of wine will be fine good luck  ;D

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
hi zuzzy, during my first ivf cycle i carried on as normal with the odd glass of wine and a few cups of coffee a day and got a bfn so with my second go i didn't touch a drop of alchol or have cafine and still got a bfn but my embies were better the 2nd time, sorry if this doesn't help. i would say everything in moderation, good luck

pam xx

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hi Zuzzy,

I wish i knew the answer!!! I've just had my first ivf BFN !!

I had acupuncture, visited a nutritionist, only ate organic everything, gave up smoking, never touched caffeine for a whole year! didn't touch alcohol during tx, took supplements and took the whole 2ww off work!!

Next time i'm stopping acupuncture still eating healthy but also going to listen to my body! If i fancy a glass of wine i'll have some! I did everything textbook style but at the end of the day if the little beauties are going to implant they will no matter what we do!!

Good luck!

Lots of love

Emmak

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi!

I also did acupuncture the first time round and won't do it again this time. I think it works for certain ailments and maybe even helps with IVF treatment, but where I live it's too much of a hassle to get there so I think it's just an added stress factor... we'll see what happens. I've decided not to smoke, might have the odd glass of wine like you, and unlike last time I will exercise gently (last time I did nothing). Will keep you updated... have appointment tomorrow for scan and bloodtest to see if I've downregged sufficiently to start stimming.

Love and masses of luck!!!

zuzzy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts