Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies

Wondering if any of you have any advice!

When it was agreed we were 'the ones'  ;D I wrote my boss a letter of intent based on all being well at panel.  Well now it is getting closer and we are sorting out cover for my job they have said I have to take my whole years holiday before I leave, 23.5 days left to take.

I've decided to take 10 days to cover the planning meeting through to Littlie moving in and 3 other days for meetings and DH's birthday.  I can't take time off before May due to end of month pressures.  Even if I said to my boss I wouldn't come back the week(3 days really) between panel and the planning meeting, all being well at panel, I would still have to take most of May off to use the days up.  They won't pay me for them and I don't want to risk losing them by taking them over in case I don't go back.

My biggest issue is what happens if panel say no?  I don't want to use all the holiday and then find I have none left.  Maybe I just need to get some PMA and work on the theory that all will be OK but just wondered whether anyone else had had the same problem.

Panel 23rd May
Intro Planning 30th May
Child Appreciation Day 1st June
Intros 2nd June

Maybe the timing should be encouraging, the fact we have everything booked ready to go so close to getting ratification by the 30th May.

Love
OT x

·
Registered
751 Posts
Hi OT,
Just a thought but under my works adoption policy I was able to take holiday for intro's as my adoption leave didn't have to commence until the actual placement as most intros tend to be 1-2 weeks, this may help use up a few more and of course extend the time a bit that you will be at home with littlie at the other end.
Viva
X

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Viva
Yes, have booked those days as holiday.  Today I decided to book the beginning of May off so that took care of a few more, tomorrow I have a meeting with FD so hopefully we will get it sorted.
Thanks
OT x

1 - 3 of 3 Posts