Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an xray on my tubes tomorow morning and I'm really worried & nervous. I have to go on my own which is making it worse.

Can anyone explain the procedure who has been through it?

My doctor says it wont hurt but he's a bloke!

Thanks in advance.

Best of luck to everyone.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
I was petrified when I went for my xray but its not so bad.  Basically they just give you a gown thing to put on and then you go into the xray room and lie on the bed.  They put something in you to open you up a bit (like when you have a smear test) and then they put the dye in so they can see everything on the xray.  I wont lie and say it didnt hurt - one of my tubes was a bit blocked up so I found it quite uncomfortable.  But I dont think it is that bad for everyone.  The doctors were all really nice and helped me through it.  GOOD LUCK!!!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
if i were you i would take a couple paracetemol an hour before i did, this helped with the discomfort (like af pain)
other than that there is nothing to it and you get to see the xrays and usually get told there and then the outcome.
goodluck
pet
ps take your own dressing gown i did covers up your modesty better

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
hi

i was told to rest for the remainder of the day, but i dont know why and i had no pain at all during the procedure but mild af like pains afterwards,

good luck

luv pam xx

·
Premium Member
29,892 Posts
Hiya

I havent had one of these done ( i had a lap and dye test)

I  have heard that it can cause some discomfort and petras idea oof taking some paracetamol is a good one

Lots of  ^goodluck^ and ^Cuddle^

Emilyxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts