Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Girls,

I need to lean on you for a bit of support  ^hugme^...

I have got my 12 week scan and appointment on Monday. I havent had a scan for three weeks now and i am panicing that bubs has stopped growing. I am going out of my mind. The sickness stopped about 3 weeks ago too ( when i started taking iron supplements ) my boobs are still sore but getting less and less sore by the day. I am praying that everything is ok but i have this niggling at the back of my mind, after i saw the heartbeat i didnt think i would keep on worrying but these past few days i am really anxious and scared.

Bell xx

Ps the scan is with my gynae as i have a 3D scan booked for next week, will she still use the dildo cam at this stage ?  ???

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hi Bell,

Sending you a big ^hugme^. I felt the same as you during my first pregnancy and worked myself up before any scan, midwife visit etc. I was convinced that the heartbeat would have stopped. But I made it and now have my lovely DD. What I'm saying is that I think it is very natural to worry like this as the pregnancy is so wanted and longed for.
In regards to your symptoms changing hun, they can start to lessen now as your hormones (which make you feel yuk) are passing the job of sustaining your pregnancy to the placenta. I defo did start feeling better after the first 10 weeks or so in both my pregnancy. Also hun, I was given iron tablets a few weeks back at 30 Wks as I was feeling sick again, and after taking them I felt so much better, so that could also be a factor.

I'm not sure about dildo cam, never had one, but I would think that at your gestation the scan will be done by normal belly ultrasound.

Hope you feel better soon. I'm sure bubs is fine, and in a couple of months you will be feeling him/her everyday!

take care

shara XXX

·
Registered
11,791 Posts
Hi Bell

When I had my 12 week scan it was done on the tummy and not internally  :)  :)

I think the thoughts that you are having are perfectly normal and we all experience them.  My nausea stopped around 11 weeks and I thought the same.

They do say that once you have seen the heartbeat that the risk of m/c decreases to 2%.

I am sure your scan will be fine.

x x x x

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Hi Hun,

Its totally normal how your feeling  ^hugme^ as for your symptoms, around now your placenta starts taking over, so symptoms start to lesson, or for some they stay put (i had nausea up till 22 weeks)

It should be a jelly on the belly scan  ;D id be very surprised if you were to have a dildo scan at this stage.

Good luck for mon, its a joy to see bubs again and you will be amazed at how much s/he has grown

NIkki xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts