Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there ive got my first fertility appointment on wednesday and i cant wait!just a quick question that i hope you can answer.Im 37 with pcos and i ovulated this month but didnt last month,the thing is i dont think i ovulate every month,do you think clomid is the answer even though i ovulate some months?
Thanks in advance :)

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi there

I can't really say whether you'll be prescribed Clomid but it does seem very likely if you have PCOS & sporadic ovulation...however, I think you asked in another post whether you'd be prescribed Clomid at your 1st appointment & that is highly unlikely.

They will want to give you several blood tests to not only check your progesterone level which you've obviously already had done if you've been told you ovulated last month although they may want to test this on several consecutive months, they'll also probably want to check your FSH & LH levels (these indicate ovarian reserve - basically helps give an idea of how many eggs you've got - obviously not actual number otherwise they'd be there forever ;D ;)). They will check your partners sperm count too - even though you have PCOS they like to rule everything out & they'd be no point giving you Clomid cos of PCOS only to find out there was something wrong with your partners sperm...they are usually pretty thorough with all the testing.

We initially went NHS & on the 1st appt we went through all our medical history & then we didn't see consultant again for 3mths when I had to have a TVS (trans-vaginal scan or "dildocam" ;D)...this checks to see how your womb & ovaries are...we then moved to private as I needed another operation on my womb & the waiting list for that was 6mths on NHS...we didn't want to wait & now go privately for all our appointments. I actually ovulate naturally but consultant decided to try me on Clomid for a few months to try to "boost" things eg more eggs, more chance...

Obviously all consultants are different so I can't say for definite whether you'd be prescribed Clomid or not...
Anyway, wishing you luck & hope your 1st appointment with fertility consultant goes well...take as much information with you as possible - any medical records you have, details of your monthly cycles, any charts for basal temps and/or cervical mucus etc etc - the more info the better to help the consultant :)

Take care
Natasha

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Natasha dhs sperm has been checked and that came back fine,gotta pick the results up from gps surgery before we go so we can take that with us aswell :)

Thanks again xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.