Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

decided to start this topic on life with Xenical. I need to drop 3 stones and have PCOS, so my doc and I decided I could benefit from assistance - hence Xenical. Not going to lie, it has very unpleasant side effects:

- runny, offensive and oily stools.
- tummy cramps

the symptons are managed, provided i reduce, drastically, the amount of fat i consume! Need to increase the amount of exercise (started swimming lessons), thus far no weight loss, unbloating but no weight loss - 3rd week into Xenical.

Bad symptons have completely disapeared, not sure if that is a good or bad sign!

Anyway, fingers crossed ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
i had xenical last year and had to be taken off it due to rare s/e.

what type of things are you eating chick and are you drinking plenty of fluids?

xxxxxxx

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Rachel,

my doctor suggested it instead of metformin, to assist me in weight loss.

For breakfast i would either have special k , bran flakes or a sandwich with wholemeal bread, ham, tomato and a cup of soy milk with pure cocoa and a teaspoon of sugar.

For lunch i would have either a homemade s/w or a salad with chickpeas, sardines, tomatoes or other vegetables.

Dinner would be something cooked, like a low fat stew, or bolognese with lean steak, or poached fish, chicken breast...

I substituted white rice for brown rice, would use sweet potatoes rather than white. - My attempt to follow low GI, however learnt later that Special k not ideal!

You may be onto something with the water - don't fancy it, need to force myself to drink!

Rachel, what type of side effects did you develop and how did they come about (if you don't mind sharing!)

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
i had severe palpitations [sp] ::) and i fainted twice, which i could of stayed on it though as i lost 10lbs in the first week...

your diet sounds fine to me chick. maybe try drinking a lot more water see if that helps if not id go back to your gp, as i know a few girls who's diets have been healthy and been put on it and there isnt any fat for it to let out so to speak...

xxxx

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
i can imagine its getting you down. have you registered on the xenical website they give you lots of tips. like how much fat to stick to each meal etc i followed that to the letter and it fell off....

yeah they stopped as soon as it was out my system they said they had never seen it before im just strange, i had to go for a ECG etc as they were that bad... so hence im not allowed anymore drugs for weightloss because of this.

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
yeah i was doing 30mins a day on my airwalker only gentle because not used to it, i just used to plonk it in front of tv while corrie was on and when corrie finished i knew my half hour was done..  ;) .....

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
well if your anything like me i used to get carried away watching tv and forgot about the exercise...  ;D i will be joining you now anyway thinks its time to restart.....

·
Premium Member
922 Posts
go for it... lock the doors and dont let him in until your done  ;D thats what id do....

·
Registered
370 Posts
Hi Ladies..

Hope you dont mind me joining in. I was on orlistat last year and i lost nearly a stone. I found it psychologicaly helped me to loose the weight as well. As i knew i was taking meds i tried harder to cut down on my fat intake. I also found i only lost about 2lb in the first 4 weeks but then i gradualy lost more weight each month.

The oily stools can be a pain but if you reduce your fat intke the oily stools are also reduced

Hope this helps
Love Quaver

1 - 16 of 16 Posts