Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DH and I were blessed with our little boy in 2015 using donor sperm with Xytex.  We are hoping to try for a sibling soon and have 2 vials left in the freezer.  I have just been looking on Xytex to check the donor is still avail incase we need more which indeed it is :)

However, I have seen that he is no longer UK compliant.  Any ideas what would change this and what does that mean for what we have already on ice?  I don't want to ask them why the change incase they say ours needs to be destroyed  ^idiot^

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi dont panic it's totally fine. it just means it reached the countries quota and as you have already used him your already part of that and can keep using. it just means any one else from u.k. that wants this donor who hasn't used him before will not be able to. mine is no longer uk compliant and this is what they explained to me. as long as he has samples in stock you can buy. each country has is limit in how many people can use the same donor and yours is reached x

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
PHEW!  ;D

Thank you happy... that's a relief!  Gosh its crazy as he was a new donor with no reported pregnancies when we bought 3 years ago !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts